Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2004, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
D005297 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***
Anyone know if this code requires identification? Anyone know if it provides any goodies like LDW?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:50 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Originally Posted by gottigotti
Anyone know if this code requires identification? Anyone know if it provides any goodies like LDW?
Whenever I used it (always in Europe) it gave 40% discount, but no other benefits. Lots of people here have used it, you won't get asked for any ID. Enjoy! ^
Old Dec 31, 2004, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Spiff
D005297 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***
We're going to spring training in AZ once again in March. After seeing the astronomical ad-on fees PHX adds, I came up with the idea of flying into TUS and out of PHX. Much better idea trust me. Anyhoo, I got a decent price with the above code. Do I need to show that I'm in this program above?
Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:08 pm

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Talking Donate $25 to Make a Wish, get $35 discount

http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/e..._makeawish.jsp

Receive a coupon for up to $35 off a weekly or weekend rental of a "Wish List" Minivan, Luxury or Premium vehicle (such as a Buick LeSabre or a Cadillac featuring XM Satellite Radio).

Avis will join you in helping drive wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions by matching the first $50,000 raised in the form of credit to a fund that provides rentals for Make-A-Wish chapters.

Make your $25 or more donation today and help us share the power of a wish�

Year-round Avis provides more than $1 million in free and steeply discounted rentals to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and its 74 chapters throughout the U.S. For additional information on Make-A-Wish Foundation visit www.wish.org.

Last edited by bgmvp; Jan 3, 2005 at 1:09 pm Reason: more info
Old Jan 4, 2005, 3:26 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all..

First a very happy new year to all! Wishing all Flyertalk members a prosperous and productive 2005!

Well, back to business.. I have just checked around playing with the D005297 code and also the D086533 code for rentals in Europe, particularly here in Belgium and discovered that for this year, the prices have gone up roughly around 10 Euros. Am not sure if this is due to the increase in price of Avis (thus the code are still giving their respective percentage off) or these codes are not giving as much discount as they use to give before.

However, if tried on the avis.com website, the price is still the same as last year. The country of residence does not change much of the rate. So it is still ok to put in your original country of residence..:P

Anyway, thought that this update could be worth the news.

Old Jan 4, 2005, 9:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan,AA
leisure rates

I tried using a whole bunch of codes in Israel and it keeps saying I'm renting a leisure rate and the code doesn't apply. Any ideas?
Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ranles

Thanks, saw Avis thread. Tried some that seem like would not cause a problem, none better than default code (D459000) Will try D086533
ranles.

Booked using code, was about 3% cheaper, but I"ll take it...thanks again. I use USA as residence. I am satisified with a straight up deal.

Just came back from a week renting in NZ. All Majors wanted $NZ600 week ats it was around Xmas. found a local crowd at airport who did it for half that rate all up.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by punkis
I tried using a whole bunch of codes in Israel and it keeps saying I'm renting a leisure rate and the code doesn't apply. Any ideas?
Israel's tough, because the vast majority of the cost is in the mandatory insurance and taxes--not the actual rental fees. If you must rent from Avis, look for links from haaretz.com or elal.co.il for slightly lower rates than avis.com (and remember that avis.com may not fully indicate which insurance is actually mandatory). Hertz will sometimes knock off 10% for AAA members, but it can be tough to get it to work.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Help on Renting in South Africa

I'm looking to rent for 2-3 weeks in SA. I've tried using codes D086532 and D752500. Neither of those changed the price, got an (L) which said my intial rate was a leisure rate and was the lowest. The best price so far is $613+ B class for 21 days.
Does anyone know of a code or coupon that might bring the price down?
Or a better deal with another company?
Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2005, 4:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

hi!

I used the D086533 code in SA recently, and noticed that the discount was only 10%. What I noticed is that sometimes on the local SA Avis site, you can have better deals/promotion. Did not realise that until my trip .

Also, you might want to check out Hertz. They might have better rates. The other company to check out is Imperial Car Rental, it is a local South African rental company, but a big organisation. I heard that they do have some really good rates.. but if you want to earn airline or whatever miles/points, this company is only affliated with the SAA Voyager FFP (to my knowledge).
Old Jan 15, 2005, 12:22 pm

Hi,

I am new to this board. I just tried the A113400 State of FL employee rate. This is giving me an incredible rate to rent in Texas for three days with a one-way. I had two questions for you guys. First, do I have to have an ID to use this code. Also, I see that the reservation says that 'no miles included' and .30 USD per mile for additional miles. Is this true? If I have to pay .30 a mile then this deal is not that great. Thanks for the help.

JJ
Old Jan 16, 2005, 2:17 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'd believe them when they say they'll charge you 0.30 per mile....
I had this same debate on a one way rental Appleton, WI to Milwaukee, WI - I went with the higher rate but unlimited mileage.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 2:53 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Re rental in Israel - Avis offers very significant discounts for rentals of 21 days or longer, often 50% or more. Short-term rentals are a real issue in Israel...
Old Jan 19, 2005, 8:44 pm

Programs: NWA World Perks, United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by MFLetou
Is that DO code really safe to use? I know others have used it, but what exactly is the relationship between that code and USC.

I don't want to get into an ethics debate or anything, I'm just leery of using a USC code when I have nothing to do with that institution.
Agreed. D005297 gives me a rate $200 less than what my frequent flyer codes give me, but I need to know what ID I would need to show when I pick up the car at MSP.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 1:57 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Originally Posted by Diogenes
Agreed. D005297 gives me a rate $200 less than what my frequent flyer codes give me, but I need to know what ID I would need to show when I pick up the car at MSP.
Yes, it's safe to use. No you don't need any ID. Lots of people, including me, use it. I can assure you that you would hear about it pretty quick if there were any problems with the code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.