Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:55 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I have not personally known anyone who was in this situation but there are a few FT threads on this topic:

Using CDP from my former employer
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...-accident.html
(I'm sure there are plenty more)

Bottom line, do you really want to find out after you've totaled a $30K+ car?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:58 am

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but in everything I've seen on FT, there's been nothing but conjecture and no definitive "this happened to me, this is what resulted". The second thread would have been the one I'm talking about, except OP disappeared without posting any resolution or final outcome.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but in everything I've seen on FT, there's been nothing but conjecture and no definitive "this happened to me, this is what resulted". The second thread would have been the one I'm talking about, except OP disappeared without posting any resolution or final outcome.
Yes, it would have been helpful for the OP in the second thread to post the outcome, but imho the fact that he got in hot water because of it is more the point than whether he got away with it in the end.

It's clear that spork thinks using some random corp code with LDW absolves him of all responsibility for damage. I guess we both agree that it may or may not, but it is not without risk. Spork will need to make his own determination as to whether the risks are worth it based on how much he is saving. A better approach is probably to get a CC that offers LDW coverage for free, but that's just my opinion.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
A better approach is probably to get a CC that offers LDW coverage for free, but that's just my opinion.
LDW for free is all well and good, but what about Liability insurance? Quite often when you have an accident there is another vehicle (or valuable item) involved (maybe a Rolls-Royce?).
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:03 am

Quite often your accidents involve maybe Rolls-Royces? What sort of accidents are you getting in?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:48 am

These risks are not worth it - and I agree that it was an unwise decision. I was under the impression it was a Deloitte code - which for my personal situation would've been a lot easier to justify and less random

Also I was going to rent a mini-class where the total damage would not have exceeded 10k in the first place.

Are there any codes - this may or may not include CORP codes - that include full LDW for rental agreements in The Netherlands?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Quite often your accidents involve maybe Rolls-Royces? What sort of accidents are you getting in?
In Holland this kind of insurance is required by law to be included in the rental agreement.

I found two possible solutions: 1) get a yearly rental-car insurance (around 100 euros a year, covering any number of rental agreements) that provides super-coverage for the 600-1500 euro co-pay and some extras (window damage), e.g. at https://www.huurautoverzekering.com/. 2) get a credit card that offers extra rental car insurance that covers the deductible

I opted for #2 since I'm welcoming the upgrade in my cc for other reasons too, and the yearly cost was less for my specific needs. My new cc doesn't fully eliminate the deductible, but it decreases it by 500 eur - good enough for me.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:23 pm

Quick question here! I'm looking to use a discount code for a booking at YVR (Vancouver) & I'm a British citizen. When booking, must I ensure my reservation has CDW? Or can I just do that with an external provider with no issue?

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:55 am

You can get insurance anywhere you like (3rd party, credit card that will cover you, etc). The insurance through the rental company is always optional at least in the US and Canada.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You can get insurance anywhere you like (3rd party, credit card that will cover you, etc). The insurance through the rental company is always optional at least in the US and Canada.
Appreciate that, thanks. I've made a booking through Avis with a discount code here (C062090). Thanks to ReallyNotFrequentFlyer for that!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:11 pm

Anyone know of decent discount codes for a rental in Malta during April?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:15 pm

seeking similar coupon for April rental, anyone?

Use Avis AARP coupon MUGA044 for $30 off weekly of a MidSize Car and up for rental pickup by 3/31/17.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:46 pm

Any good discount codes for renting a Premium SUV? Looking for a week in June out of LAX.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by lskohn
Not a change in the AWDs, but changes in their website coding. IIRC (having made the adjustment several months ago) if you log in, add the AWD to your profile, and then make the reservation, you'll be able to book the rez.
I'm having the same issues. The site lets you populate the discount code like it's working but when you try and select a car you just go round and round on the website until you remove the code. I haven't see a code with with the AWD account I've had for 20-years.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:28 pm

Where is $30 off weekly coupon

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Use Avis AARP coupon MUGA044 for $30 off weekly of a MidSize Car and up for rental pickup by 3/31/17.
I am a long-time Avis/Costco/AARP renter.

Where did the $30 off weekly coupon go that I would use with the Costco AWD 108326 and its companion $30 off weekly coupon with the AARP AWD A359807? Both coupons expired 3/31/2017.

It looks like Avis replaced those with (MUGA076 - $25 off minimum $175 base rate and MUGA063 - $15 off minimum $125 base rate).

Are there other coupons that will give the $30 weekly discount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.