Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Just found the one on aa.com, K817165, reduced the costco rate by $13 for the week. Combine with some coupon codes of $30USD or $35USD off, my weekly one way rental from YYZ to BUF went from $160CDN to $110CDN.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:21 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by kaaria
Just found the one on aa.com, K817165, reduced the costco rate by $13 for the week. Combine with some coupon codes of $30USD or $35USD off, my weekly one way rental from YYZ to BUF went from $160CDN to $110CDN.
Yeah, I needed yo go from YYZ-BUF this week and was shocked the Costco rate for intermediate was $20/day before coupons! If I went to Costco travel.com, it was about $5-7/day more, depending on the car type. I've never seen it anywhere near that for YYZ-BUF and am often forced to used Hertz on that route for me, as our corp one-way is pretty good.

As a CHM, YYZ is usually pretty good for me if I'm returning there (Q5, BMWs no up charge, and only $20 extra/day for the GLK when I wanted that once). I expected to get crap this time going to BUF. They had me preassigned to an ATS, but the manager told me to "grab whatever I wanted". Since I didn't want to steal their only GLK, I took an A4 (also because I've never been in one of those). I shouldve kept the ATS!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles
I'm going to be renting a car in England (from Heathrow) at the end of the month. Can't seem to find any coupon codes, (just AWD codes). Any coupon codes I do use seem to be 'not valid'. Is Heathrow just one of those airports?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Still not nearly as good for me for a couple of upcoming rentals as the old standby, A074800
That one worked great for me. Is this a corporate code I may need to verify "proof" for? I'll make a backup reservation with Hertz just in case.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:13 pm

Hi!
I intend to book a car in Italy for the first time using the code found here
Help to choose between the options, prepayment or payment at the reception
just naive question:
what's better for trouble-free rent? prepayment or payment at the reception?
After reading the forum, I'm not found any cases of failure of prepaid bookings, as well as cases describe problems with the refund ..
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:35 am

Anyone have any suggestions for an AWD code with unlimited miles/km in France?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Originally Posted by Sideshow_Bob
That one worked great for me. Is this a corporate code I may need to verify "proof" for? I'll make a backup reservation with Hertz just in case.
Same. Best deal on theA074800 code. By any proof? No back up plan here that are cheap

Flying into lax or SNA
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by tdrag97
Same. Best deal on theA074800 code. By any proof? No back up plan here that are cheap

Flying into lax or SNA
No proof needed at all. I've rented at least 18 times and they don't care. It's a Leisure code, and not Corp code. If anything say you work for CITI or something.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by flumoxed
Also looking for a good rate to use in France. My corp rate is $250 (all in) for a friday to monday (3 days 13 hours) from Gare du nord to ORY and unlimited mileage.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by SteveJ
Just searched through this thread and didn't see this one:

X420076

Not sure what the discount is, but I'm Avis President's Club, it's the number that automatically shows up in my Avis iPhone app as the AWD used.
I just booked with my normal corp rate at $250, but after i submitted the reservation it came back at $199 and the X420076 was on the reservation and not my normal AWD.
Old May 6, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by tdrag97

Flying into lax or SNA
Originally Posted by Redwood839
No proof needed at all. I've rented at least 18 times and they don't care. It's a Leisure code, and not Corp code. If anything say you work for CITI or something.
This is a Citicorp (Leisure Code). Not sure if that means you are supposed to work at Citi and can use this when on leisure travel - or if it is for people with Citi cards or via their travel agency for customers. My guess is the former.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:44 pm

This one is giving me significantly cheaper rates in Italy, anyone know if they check ID or which company it is?

e027237

Last edited by gdong; May 6, 2015 at 1:37 pm
Old May 7, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by flumoxed
Try U8792001 5% off rentals in France
or
D732700 25% off in Europe
Old May 7, 2015, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
Also looking for a good rate to use in France. My corp rate is $250 (all in) for a friday to monday (3 days 13 hours) from Gare du nord to ORY and unlimited mileage.
Don't know what size car you're looking at, but AWD L628000 (use on avis.co.uk) for 15% off in Europe gives $244 (£160.99) for mid-size class C car and $183 (£120.84) for a Group B car and less for smaller cars.

Last edited by flightexpert; May 7, 2015 at 9:31 am
Old May 7, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Gujustud
I'm going to be renting a car in England (from Heathrow) at the end of the month. Can't seem to find any coupon codes, (just AWD codes). Any coupon codes I do use seem to be 'not valid'. Is Heathrow just one of those airports?
Avis Canada and Avis US don't seem to issue a lot of coupon codes for international travel, mostly just AWD numbers.

I'll be glad to look around for you, just need some more information:
What AWD numbers have you found already?
What size car are you looking for?
What are your rental dates?
What's the best rate you have seen so far?
Are you returning the car to LHR or a different location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.