Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by tmm1012
I'm curious if anyone can find a better rate for me...currently, the lowest I've found is via Avis, but I'm open to other companies.

Pickup: JAX, Dec 21 @ 12:00 pm
Drop Off: JAX, Dec 27 @ 5:00 pm
Car Type: Compact

With Avis AWD A074800, my total is $217.14 (all of the extra coupon codes I've found, such as $35 off 5+ days, require a Saturday night keep, which I don't have for this rental). I've submitted to AutoSlash (thanks nmenaker for the suggestion). If anyone here can do better, I'd be grateful to hear! Cheers! ^
Using that AWD, I'm seeing $162.50 for subcompact and compact. Adding coupon UUWA029 for free upgrade results in $167.50 for intermediate, $172.50 for standard, or $177.50 for full-size.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by flightexpert
Hi NikkiBrett,

Welcome to FT!

That code is for employees of a company called Capgemini. It is rare that renters under this code are asked for ID, but be aware it could happen. Per Capgemini's internal documentation, the code is to be used for business purposes only - which means that if you get busted, you are potentially doing harm to Capgemini as well as your own standing with Avis.

The rate includes LDW, which I would say increases the likelihood you will be asked for some sort of employee ID.
I worked for capgemini previously and used this code many times and never have I been asked for ID. They do consulting and travel a ton. They don't issue corporate IDs so I'd be quite pissed if they asked me to prove it frankly.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by dmpcs
Yes You Can!

As long as a customer service agent can find your name on the rental agreement, you should be able to email them the RA number and request it to be added to your profile. Worked for me!

Cool..

I have blocked a rental without logging in to my avis account. Its way cheaper for me. NowCan i call up the customer service before the rental and ask them to add it to my Avis first account? So i can go for select and go instead of going to the counter?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:59 am

It would seem Avis is including tax and surcharges together with the rental.

I did not get charged for anything else other than the day rate.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:40 pm

One Way from ATL to MCO

Hello. Really glad I stumbled across this forum. What a great resource!
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help with the following itineraries??

I'm looking for a minivan on Jan 14, 2015 in ATL around 7:30pm and returning to MCO on Jan 17, 2015 around 7:30pm. Best rate I can find without any codes is $545 USD.

Once we arrive at MCO, we'll be staying in Orlando for a couple of weeks so I need a minivan from Jan 17, 2015 to Jan 30, 2015 picking up and returning at MCO. I intend to try bidding on priceline for this one as well but would be glad to hear any other suggestions.

I'm definitely not married to AVIS on this its just that they had the cheapest rate for the ATL to MCO one way.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Last edited by jrgallant; Dec 15, 2014 at 12:46 pm
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:20 am

Best avis discount code "coupon Code"

NAME: First Capital Investment
AWD# Y346538
Coupon Code: TUTA035
great for luxury or any size.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
My first rental (just got 25 years):

Car: Ford Focus
Length: 13 days
Paid : $293

LDW Included
ALI Included

Also added MUAA088 for 4X AA miles. Didn't add any AWD. No Avis preferred member or anything, just played with the codes online, pick up hours,prepaid and country of residence.

There's a glitch on Avis website that also priced the car cheaper.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flightexpert
Using that AWD, I'm seeing $162.50 for subcompact and compact. Adding coupon UUWA029 for free upgrade results in $167.50 for intermediate, $172.50 for standard, or $177.50 for full-size.
Thank you for checking on this. I should have clarified that my total ($217.14) included all taxes, and the base rate that I got was the same $162.50/$167.50/$177.50 that you were seeing. At this point, I haven't seen it go any lower, but I appreciate the time!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:55 am

Help

Trying to figure out the best code combination. Leaving from lancaster PA on 12/31/14 returning on 1/4/15 want to get premium for surprise road trip for the wife.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Coupons good after 1/1/15??

Aside from TUTA035 (3rd weekend day off, I believe - thanks to poster above), does anyone have coupons that are good after 1/1/15? All of my aren't good beyond 12/31/14. And of course, none work in Hawaii...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:23 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lskohn
Aside from TUTA035 (3rd weekend day off...
Anyone know of a free weekend day code (with 4 day keep) that isn't blacked out over the Christmas days? This one is.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by lskohn
Aside from TUTA035 (3rd weekend day off, I believe - thanks to poster above), does anyone have coupons that are good after 1/1/15? All of my aren't good beyond 12/31/14. And of course, none work in Hawaii...
Actually, I got a surprisingly cheap rate in Maui just last week by using the A74800 code: $167.50 (plus taxes, etc., for a total of $250) for a weeklong intermediate-size rental, starting on 1/6/15. Rates have risen since then -- I just checked, and a compact is now $210/week plus taxes -- but it's far cheaper than any other rate deal I've seen.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by kirker
Actually, I got a surprisingly cheap rate in Maui just last week by using the A74800 code: $167.50 (plus taxes, etc., for a total of $250) for a weeklong intermediate-size rental, starting on 1/6/15. Rates have risen since then -- I just checked, and a compact is now $210/week plus taxes -- but it's far cheaper than any other rate deal I've seen.
Yes, I have my March rental for OGG already and at a great rate, but I have several other trips elsewhere coming up in 1Q15 for which coupons should be applicable, if I can find some.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by kirker

Actually, I got a surprisingly cheap rate in Maui just last week by using the A74800 code...
There may be a 0 missing in there: A074800 Citicorp Leisure Travel
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vinodhkj
Hi Everyone,

Im looking to rent from PHL for 19 days.

01-Jan-2015
19-Jan-2015

Least i get for standard is around $1200. Need your valuable suggestion and help.
Try G417900 I came up with $619.00 for the same dates in PHL on a standard. It's a very old and reliable AWD from this board and I've never seen or had an issue with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.