Search

rental with trailer hitch

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
rental with trailer hitch

What class of vehicle should I rent to get a trailer hitch?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
What class of vehicle should I rent to get a trailer hitch?
The major rental companies do not rent vehicles with trailer hitches. (They say it's for liability reasons, for what it's worth.)

If you want a truck with a trailer hitch, you'll have to look at a U-Haul, Budget Truck, or Enterprise Truck rental.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Some vehicles will have a hitch receiver (pickups, Tahoe/Suburban are most common, but it's sometimes behind a plastic bumper pamel) but zero guarantee. You'd need your own hitch/ball to use the receiver on one of these vehicles. However, all rental contracts that I've seen that are not truck companies (UHaul, Budget Truck, Penske, etc) prohibit towing anything with a rental and will void all insurance coverages, etc. Even external insurance you have (credit card, personal vehicle, etc) will be void since you're violating the contract, so this is a huge risk!
jackal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.