Booking Extension

Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Booking Extension

Hi

I have a pre-paid booking for a car in Spain and now wish to bring the start date forward to 3 days earlier, what's the most economical way to do this?

I tried changing the booking but it doubles the price. I also tried a separate stand alone booking but it's not too reasonable either. It's actually for this Sunday and I understand it's bloody busy in Spain with holiday makers etc.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

I am a Preferred Plus member.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:29 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You probably don't have much of a choice. When you change dates it's like making a brand new reservation. Your reservation is re-priced at the prevailing rate for your new dates. It makes absolutely no different what your price was before for your old dates. Unfortunately, being Preferred Plus doesn't help you here.

Your only hope is that if you booked a deal that can be cancelled without penalty (or a small one). Then you can cancel and shop around for better deals.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:23 am

It could also be a change due to weekend rates, i.e. if your previous booking was considered to be a weekend booking and now it becomes a normal week-days booking.

e.g. in AMS I can often rent a group B car for 60€ for a 4 day weekend (Thu-Mon or Fri-Tue), but try to book Sat-Wed, or Wed-Sun and price doubles.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
All sorted. Thanks both. I fished around with different ways to book and got a cheap-ish deal for the 3 days extra I need the car. This was direct with BA.com who came out cheaper than Avis and Avisba.

Worth shopping about!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.