Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rates?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Rates?

I have a monthly rental one way from Pittsburgh to JFK and rate is going down daily it seems. I've canceled and rebooked a few times now. There is no issue with that? Didn't choose the pre pay option. Also what's the fee if I cancel a pre paid res? I know I was looking at doing it a few weeks ago when I was in Miami but not sure about the policy on it. It was $50 for canceling it down there.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:33 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

No penalty to cancel/rebook as many times as you want, so long as it's not prepaid.

For prepaid, check the T&C. I've seen it $25-50 to no refund, depending when you cancel, but watch your specific terms as they can vary widely.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
No penalty to cancel/rebook as many times as you want, so long as it's not prepaid.

For prepaid, check the T&C. I've seen it $25-50 to no refund, depending when you cancel, but watch your specific terms as they can vary widely.

Good to know. Went all in I guess and take the rate of $650 for the month for a luxury res. I mainly rent from National but if I can get a upgrade from a luxury res as a preferred plus I will be quite happy to use Avis over national even if I get a lux car with Avis considering its about $1,000 more for the same class at national. Ive gotten good cars on lux res's with national and hope the same is true With Avis.

$50 to cancel and if I cancel within 24 hours of my scheduled time it's $150.

Have a question though. I am charged now for the reservation ir will it still be charged after the car is returned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.