Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis status from Europe - benefits at US locations?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Avis status from Europe - benefits at US locations?

Hi guys, new poster here.

I have a quick question about AVIS status and validity in the US. I have status obtained from my customer relation ship in Europe. Will i be eligible for upgrades etc at US locations. I'm also meant to get perks in Europe for free additional drivers etc.

I'm asking because my searches mainly gave my results for comparisons between the programs in the US an Europe and less in terms of validity.

Also a bonus question, I made my reservation through avisworld.com through a a partner airline, can this affect my status showing for us rental locations?

I'm grateful for any feedback regarding this!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
In my experience you don't get much in the way of 'proactive upgrades' like you do in Europe, though maybe they would if you asked.
The flip side is that American airport locations are more amenable to you switching cars for other available options, if you're biased towards a brand, or provide cars that are available for 'paid upgrades' at good prices.

The other key European perk is the 'free second driver' - this has received confused resistance from the agents when I've asked for it, but then when I've insisted that it should be free, they've ended up being able to do it - maybe it comes up as no-cost on their screen or something. So just insist on it if you're trying to do that.

US stations are also good at 'pre-clearing' your documents and putting your name up on the screen, which is always fun. And that seems to go smoothly despite being from overseas.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:34 pm

At U.S. locations preferred members can recieve upgrades based on availability. I often give my preferred customers a one to two car class upgrade usually from a full size to a small SUV assuming were not sold out. Our preferred center usually does the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.