Using points for rental after picking up

Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Using points for rental after picking up

I picked up a last minute rental to be used for July 4th vacation. I used my phone and used the web browser in desktop mode as making reservations on my Avis app wasn't alot due to corporate policy. Anyways it didn't give me a option to use my points at all when I was making a reservation on the way to pick up the car. After getting a car assigned I asked the person at the preferred counter if I could apply my points towards my rental and was told I'd have to call 1800 number.

I called 1800 number and they told me I can apply my points towards my rental after picking it up. I called the Avis counter again and they told me it should be doable which contradicts what 1800 number said.

Anyone with experience?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.