Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Rental agreement and car registration do not not match - Wrong car allocated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club

Hi after collection at LHR T5 I noticed that the rental agreement rego and car rego differ by the last letter a V had become a Y. I checked both rego,s on line and the 2 regos/ cars do exist and are different - same make different model and spec . Despite advising Avis of the error - dont worry its just a typo was their response - the car details shown via the Avis App havent changed and they have recently contacted me via email to clarify which car I have. Whilst I am not unhappy with the rental my question is am I insured as I dont have an agreement to drive the car currently on hire. Despite 30 mins on hold I was unable to contact them tonight to clarify - hence this post.

OF
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:26 pm

Something like this happened to me at the keywest airport location where I did a one way to MIA. I booked a convertible and contract said a Malibu. Receipt also said Malibu but I drove a Corvette. They closed it with no issue at all and I went on my way.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
This happened to me one time and the funny thing is the other vehicle came in for return right behind me.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:17 am

Personally, I would contact them again this morning and insist they sort this.
I have been stopped by police recently (random insurance check - which is a good thing as so many vehicles in London are not insured) and they were very very thorough - they checked my rental documents against DVLA database.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks for replies. I have replied to their email and await a response.

OF
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Just to add. Paperwork sorted via a prompt email from customer services and a credit given for any inconvenience. Thank you Avis.

OF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.