Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

What would happen if you were assigned a particular car and got in another one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

What would happen if you were assigned a particular car at an airport location and got in another vehicle instead without using the select and go app?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

If it's not from the S&G spaces, the gate agent will tell you to go back to get your assigned car or talk to the agent.

If it's a lot without gates, you'd have to hot wire the car to get it moving, as the keys will be in a booth/counter, not in the car
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
If it's not from the S&G spaces, the gate agent will tell you to go back to get your assigned car or talk to the agent.

If it's a lot without gates, you'd have to hot wire the car to get it moving, as the keys will be in a
booth/counter, not in the car
I have this seen people try and do this before
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
About 4 or 5 years ago at MIA rental cars companies were more flexible. I remember that usually i booked X car class and when i arrived at the lot. The handler there showed me the row for the car class and told you.. pick any car you like from there!

Sometimes there were cars misplaced, not belonging to their car class. I would pick the one that i see bigger/nicer most convenient as per instructed by the guy who manages the lots and when i went to the gate there was no problem. If, only if the gate agent called the attention of the car i was driving out with.. i would say... hey the guy over there just told me i could exit out driving this car. I was never called the attention. Never had to do explanations on Avis or Alamo.

The system used to work like this at MIA for years, they were pretty laxed. Now at the contract they assign you the car with the car spot. I remember that i used to walk the lanes and pick any car that i liked the best from the 2 rows of the car class i reserved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.