Wiki Posts
Search

App shows wrong price

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
App shows wrong price

I've made a reservation for a weekend rental in Germany to pick up tomorrow.
The app shows that the reservation is "current", showing the exact (slightly upgraded) vehicle, and a price about 50% higher than the one in the reservation.

Does the higher price mean that they have added optional extras?
Or that they have decided that I should pay for the upgrade?
Or is it something routine (eg to do with fuel) that will be adjusted later?
Old May 12, 2017, 4:36 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Did you receive a confirmation email for the original rental? If so, you should compare the price breakdown section of the original confirmation email to the one currently showing in the app to determine where the discrepancy is.

If you don't have the original confirmation email, then feel free to copy/paste the pricing breakdown here and I'm sure someone will be happy to analyze it for you.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Unfortunately there was no price breakdown in the app, just a total. It seems that the difference was due to the fuel option. Having completed the rental I am happy to say I was not charged for any fuel.

However, couple of other things at the counter didn't line up properly with the prepaid reservation voucher (eg the location surcharge), so it remains to be seen what they will charge.

Also for some reason they created a new reservation (with a new number) and transferred across the voucher from the reservation I made. Fingers crossed that this will not mess up my getting 9000 Avios in the excellent Iberia promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.