Wiki Posts
Search

Amazing (well, for me) positive experience with Avis

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Amazing (well, for me) positive experience with Avis

I took a few rentals in the Carribean recently. Avis Aruba was horrible - apathetic staff and an old, shabby, beat-up car, did not acknowledge or even recognise Pref+.

However - another island - truly amazing. Friendly staff, preferred plus upgrade, well-maintained, clean, new cars.

The cherry on top, however, was when I returned the car having scraped a hubcap on the pavement. Used to the way rental companies deal with every tiny nick, I had all but kissed my excess goodbye - yet the guy took a look at it and said "oh don't worry, we don't care about hubcaps".

WOW - that made my day ! If only this was the norm....
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Renting around UK, France, Luxembourg and Italy this year, I have never had any awful experiences, except once when I did not check the vehicle fully and the Avis agent on return screwed up the contract and added the administrative charges twice...took ages to refund the money.

Globally speaking, I've had from OK to great experiences with Avis, and some of the little things make a difference:
->One-class upgrade on 70% of my rentals, and more than one class upgrade on 20%, no upgrade on the other 10.
->Upgrade from a Peugeot RCZ to a fully loaded and brand new S350 (had to remove some covers on the floor mats) for my wedding car
->Going to a funeral, requested a sober vehicle in advance, got it.
->Agents nice, professional and efficient most of the time.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Where to send ?

I wanted to send an appreciation letter to Avis (1st one I've ever sent about a rental employee...)

I'll send it to the local office - would appreciate any advice as to where to send a cc for the global office (seem to be absolutely no contact details available form my initial search...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.