Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred member, not receiving credits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Preferred member, not receiving credits

Hi. I am having an issue with Avis. I have spoken to the customer service department several times. I have one work credit card listed on my account. There are times I have to use another work credit card. They told me that I can only get credit for the rentals made with the card on my account. They will not add another card. I explained to the woman my situation. She said no. I also asked her has she ever gone into a store and used a credit card and for some reason it was declined and she had to use another one. Nope. Gee, lucky her. Can someone help me with this? It is not fair that I rent and do not get the credits. There are two or more rentals a month.

Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jvr703
Hi. I am having an issue with Avis. I have spoken to the customer service department several times. I have one work credit card listed on my account. There are times I have to use another work credit card. They told me that I can only get credit for the rentals made with the card on my account. They will not add another card. I explained to the woman my situation. She said no. I also asked her has she ever gone into a store and used a credit card and for some reason it was declined and she had to use another one. Nope. Gee, lucky her. Can someone help me with this? It is not fair that I rent and do not get the credits. There are two or more rentals a month.

Thanks!
Avis Preferred is based on using one linked card. You can "skip the counter" only because your card is linked (and has been verified on a previous rental).

While you can change that linked card, after every time you change the linked card, for the next visit you cannot "skip the counter" because you have to physically show the new linked card. So it might be quite a hassle to keep changing it back and forth, even if theoretically possible.

So Avis Preferred doesn't tend to work well for people who need to keep changing cards.

(Most business travelers just have one card that they use for rentals.)

If you have exactly two cards you need to use, you might want to join one other program (say, Hertz or National or Budget), and register one card with Avis Preferred and the other card with one of the other rental companies. Then when you need to use card A, rent with Avis, while when you need to use card B, rent with the other company.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "not receiving credits". Avis doesn't issue anything called "credits" that i'm aware of.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for responding. I call any hotel, airline or car points "credits" I know they are points, but it is just a habit. I do have the luxury of the skip the counter as the location is in the lobby of my office building and you need to go in each time, they look you up, find you a car and then print your agreement. Avis should allow you to add two cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.