Wiki Posts
Search

High Mileage at Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
High Mileage at Dublin

Having used both Avis and Hertz over the years it has been pretty standard to get a quote on both companies before making a reservation, standards are similar and very high on all my previous bookings. All cars only seem to be a few weeks or months old and I cannot recall having a car with over 6,000 miles before.
Picked up a car at Dublin this evening, it was a entry level Opel Corsa with 33,300 on the clock, it looked and felt very old. Couldn't face walking back all way to desk in the terminal, been a long day.
Will definitely go to Hertz next visit to Dublin.
Regards
Fdm
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
I can go one better ......

Rented a few days before you also at DUB and got an Opel Insignia that (less than a year old) had 48000 on the clock.

Like you, it was late at night and I couldn't face the hassle of asking for something else.

Car performed fine.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Mileage on Hertz vehicles in the US has skyrocketed - just seems to be the trend.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by fdm1000
Having used both Avis and Hertz over the years it has been pretty standard to get a quote on both companies before making a reservation, standards are similar and very high on all my previous bookings. All cars only seem to be a few weeks or months old and I cannot recall having a car with over 6,000 miles before.
Picked up a car at Dublin this evening, it was a entry level Opel Corsa with 33,300 on the clock, it looked and felt very old. Couldn't face walking back all way to desk in the terminal, been a long day.
Will definitely go to Hertz next visit to Dublin.
Regards
Fdm
Very surprising, I would have thought that vehicles in Ireland would record kilometers on their odometer.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.