Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Credit Card Closed/Changed Number after Prepaid Reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT

Hi all,

I made several prepaid reservations using my credit card. However, there was a fraudulent charge to that card, and the issuer closed the card and issued me a new one with a different number.

I have updated my Avis account portfolio with the new card number, but noticed I cannot change the card number associated with the prepaid reservation. Do I need to worry about anything, or things like fuel charge will be automatically charged to my new card number on file?

Thank you
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
No, the prepaid is considered a voucher. You will need to provide a new card at check-in for any additional costs and for the security authorization amount.

Rasheed
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Are you Preferred? When I prepay they (mostly) have my car ready when I arrive, name on the board and deposit charged to the card I booked with.

Ron.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Originally Posted by newfbc
Are you Preferred? When I prepay they (mostly) have my car ready when I arrive, name on the board and deposit charged to the card I booked with.

Ron.
Yes, I am Prefrerred Plus. The problem is the card I use to book is now closed, but seems like they can just put the deposits on the new card I updated in my profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.