Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis System Problem: Cannot show upcoming reservation?

Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold

Anyone has the same problem?

Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two ways to get to existing reservations at avis.com. Often for me one works and the other doesn't. The one that tends to work is to log in, and then hover over "Welcome, <my name>" and it shows my next upcoming reservation or two in a drop down (after a handful of seconds of a spinning icon)..

The non-drop-down method often doesn't work for me. (And since I never tend to have more than two upcoming reservations, the drop down method works fine enough for me.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 27, 2016 at 7:51 pm
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Both website and mobile app appears down for me today. I'm not able to retrieve existing reservations either by logging in or entering the reservation number manually.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Since the last .com update (a year ago?), I been able to pull up receipts from past rentals. And if I click the link in the e-receipt on my Android, it says that I don't have a PDF viewer. Every other PDF appears fine. Annoying!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rflor
Both website and mobile app appears down for me today. I'm not able to retrieve existing reservations either by logging in or entering the reservation number manually.
Indeed. While logging in worked for me on Monday (at the time of my other post above), today it says:
"We are Sorry...
,We are unable to retrieve your reservation/s due to a system error. Please try again later or contact Customer Service for further assistance.
"
Why the second sentence starts with a comma I have no idea. This is an actual copy-and-paste from the Avis website "Welcome, <name>" drop down.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Resurrecting this thread. For the last 5 days, I've been unable to log in to Avis.com, instead getting a message

"We are sorry...We've hit some bumps along the way. Use the browser's back button to resubmit your request or use the links below."

Along with some error codes. The issue occurs on multiple PCs and multiple browsers.

Ironically, the Avis iOS app is working without issue.

Talked to a few agents who attempted password resets, but those didn't fix the issue. After the last agent replicated the issue herself, she told me she will open a ticket with IT to see if there's some sort of broader website issue.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.