Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars with adaptive cruise

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Cars with adaptive cruise

Which cars does Avis rent that have adaptive cruise? I read that someone got a fully loaded XTS with it. Any other ones?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:26 am

They will be few and far between still. Luxury rentals will be your best option to score one. Even on most luxury cars adaptive cruise is an option and a pretty expensive one at that (Cadillac XT5's option for it is $2k).
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Had one in Belgium in 2014. I can't remember the exact model, but it was a VW Golf with a wagon body style. Not a style found in the US.

It would react to vehicles nearly 1/2 mile out at 120kph. At first I was slightly startled but after I got used to it I thought it performed quite well. The rate of slowing and accelerating was appropriate for the situation.

Only annoying part was when someone would cut me off and my car would brake, even though the other car was going faster and a driver would not typically slow down in that situation.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Well optioned Ford Taurus have it as well as the higher level Nissan Maxima.

Ron.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:51 pm

Even the Skoda Octavia has it, so not just luxury vehicles
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
I rented a 2016 VW Passat last week and it was the Passat 1.8T SE model, not the highest option model, but it the Adaptive Cruise Control as standard equipment!

It was the first time I've used it in the past 4 years of rentals with AVIS. Very surprised it came on the Passat as a standard feature on their mid-range model. It was a delight to use it on the highway.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
I don't think any of the XTS's I've gotten have had it and I've had quite a few. The CTS I had did and it had lane departure steering which let me send more emails while driving than ever before.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
The ONLY car I've rented from Avis that had it was a one-off Cadillac CTS - and I've had my share of luxury and specialty cars across the board. It was from last year and yes, also had the lane departure vibrate/warning system as well, not to mention a highly customizable dashboard. All that technology was a bit nauseating, actually ...
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:30 pm

I had a Lincoln MKT with adaptive cruise from Avis @SAN. First time I've ever played with it and it worked surprisingly well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.