Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weekend Coupon Verbiage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Weekend Coupon Verbiage

I'll be doing a Fri-Tues rental at SNA next month. Of course, I fly out at 7 am on Tues and I have a bunch of Free Weekend Day coupons that specify they are only good for rentals that end before 11:59 pm Monday.

Or do they?

Verbatim from the back of the coupon:

"Weekend rental period begins Thursday and car must be returned by Monday 11:59 p.m. or a higher rate will apply."

Interesting. This wording would lend itself to suggest that by extending my rental period to Tuesday morning I forfeit the lower rates associated with weekend rentals, but I do not forfeit my ability to use the coupon. I think this is the standard spiel on the back of all Avis coupons... I just never had occasion to look at them at length.

Anyone have practical experience debating this small point of grammar with Avis?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 12:48 pm

I have used my Free Weekend from the Weekender Club here in Calgary and it gives 3 days for free. My fourth day came out at my contract rate of $48+taxes. Can't guarantee that this is the case with your cert but you could call and ask.

On a side note. The rent 3 times get a free weekend promo in another thread does apply to Canadians but you have to rent your car in the US as you pointed out

[This message has been edited by cattle (edited 09-05-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.