How does Avis preferred work at YVR?

Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis, Alamo
How does Avis preferred work at YVR?

Hello everyone, first time poster but long time reader.

I'm flying in to YVR soon, and have an AVIS Preferred booking. Does anyone have any recent experience of how the preferred service operates at this location? Do they have a board up with all of the bookings and the relevant bay numbers or do they send you to the preferred counter even if you have an up to date credit card on your account?

Finally, how are they at letting you choose a different vehicle in the same class as the one booked if you don't care for the one that you have been allocated?

Thank you, in advance, for your help :-)

Spud
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:09 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Been about 2 years since I rented at Vancouver...but back then (& its been this way for years), no Preferred booth. You gotta go inside & see a rental agent...

As far a switching cars, can't comment I am Chairman's so I usually get the best car they have at the time...
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much, that is most helpful. Shame there is no preferred booth though, as that does cut down on the time that you are hanging around.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, Alaska 75K Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Just walk across the street from exiting the building from the customs area and its to the right down the path. Just walk in and you;ll see the counters. Really easy preocess.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the additional information.

I don't suppose you know if they have a separate counter for preferred customers?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:38 am

They do, yes.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Fantastic, thanks again. I've got a one-way booking coming up (drop-off at YYC) so I hope they don't use me to shift a crappy vehicle to another depot!
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:11 pm

They did with me - upgraded my 'fullsize' to Chevy Captiva. Urgh.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence that it was the only US plated car they had and it was a one-way to SEA..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.