Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot access AVIS reservation online

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Cannot access AVIS reservation online

I reserved a car EDD-EG6 (Edinburgh to York one way) back in September for July 2016. I have the confirmation email. When I go to view the reservation on avis.com, an error code pops up: "The car group code or location code is not valid." 1.5 hours on the phone with Avis (told to clear cookies, told reservation is intact, etc etc). And yet Avis CSR is also unable to pull it up on avis.com (though can see it in their internal system). I also cannot access on app (says "return location invalid". Avis cannot link it to my Wizard number (which like an idiot I must failed to put in the reservation at the time). They say they cannot link b/c the price will go up.

When I try to recreate the reservation on avis.com for basically the forthcoming 12 months, "There are no locations available for your Return address."

Given that I could access this reservation 2 weeks ago and given the weird return location errors, I am concerned. Any clue to what's going on?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Feb 12, 2016 at 10:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.