Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan
This thread is to provide data points for upgrades at Avis. If you are wondering or would like speculation on what upgrades will be given at a particular location, please visit this thread:
The "2016: What upgrade will I get at Avis?" thread

Please use this format when posting, to keep it clean:

Booked:
Assigned:
Received: (if it differs from the assigned vehicle)

Any other comments.
Print Wikipost

2016-2017: List Your Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM
A couple of data points:

Booked: Full Size (Chevy Impala)
Received: Infiniti Q40

Received: Nissan Frontier (with only 8 miles!)

Received: Mercedes GLC
Old May 7, 2017, 7:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Booked: Full Size
Received: Cadillac XTS
Old May 8, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Booked: Intermediate
Received: Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

(Impressed, fully loaded, under 4k km -- oddly from Quebec... pretty sure I'm getting some rude looks on the 401 around here...)
Old May 12, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Spirit Airlines, Delta Skymiles
Booked: Impala
Received: Chevy Traverse AWD

What can I say about the Traverse......while i appreciate the upgrade, same quality of materials and exact same parts as GM was using out of the parts bin back in 2000s. Feels and drives the same as a 2006 Impala with the same steering wheel and many of the same partsbin parts.
Old May 12, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
March 18
Booked: Midsize
Received: BMW X3

April 1
Booked: Full
Assigned: Cadillac XTS
Received: Mercedes E300

April 30
Received: Buick Lacrosse
Old May 12, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
January 8
Received: Mercedes Benz E200

April 29
Booked Economy
Received: Mustang Convertible GT

May 6
Booked: Economy
Received: BMW 528i

May 10
Received: Hyundai Genesis
Old May 13, 2017, 5:47 am

Booked: Specialty (Ford Mustang)
Received: 2017 Camaro SS (117 miles)

Nice car - everything but leather it seemed. Touchscreen with Apple CarPlay. 455 hp from what I understand.

My biggest complaint is visibility. I'm considering swapping it out due to that.
Old May 13, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, Alaska 75K Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Assigned: Mercedes GL350
Received: Mercedes GL350

Assigned: Dodge Challanger
Received: Dodge Challanger
Old May 14, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Spirit Airlines, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by El Gabito
Booked: Specialty (Ford Mustang)
Received: 2017 Camaro SS (117 miles)

Nice car - everything but leather it seemed. Touchscreen with Apple CarPlay. 455 hp from what I understand.

My biggest complaint is visibility. I'm considering swapping it out due to that.
With you there on the visibility. The blindspots in the Camaro can swallow up an entire Chevy Suburban. High hood and high window line means parking lots can be nerve racking if you like to sit low due to hidden curbs.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Booked: Economy (Corsa or similar)
Assigned: Opel/Vauxhall Astra
Received: Brand new C200 (14km on the odometer) with full specs.

Awesome upgrade, the fact that I was only renting it for a day helped a lot :-)
Old May 20, 2017, 7:19 pm

Booked: Full (Fusion or similar)
Assigned: VW Passat
Requested: Chrysler or Charger
Received: Chrysler 300M fully loaded (leather seats, Sirius XM, panoramic sunroof, rearview camera, seat warmer/cooler,...)
Great car to be honest, really liked to drive it on the Highway 1, and other side roads up to Tahoe! Car had ca 6400 miles on the odometer
Old May 21, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Booked: Luxury
Received: Ford Mustang Convertible

A little bittersweet with this one.. although the weather in Vancouver is pretty decent this weekend, I would never think a Mustang was a suitable sub for a Luxury rental. Being a holiday weekend, the lot was pretty empty when I arrived Saturday afternoon - there were a couple BMW sedans, a Jag sedan and a Lincoln cross over.. those were not 'available' to me.

Ron.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Avis Preferred
April 20
Assigned: Ford Escape Ecoboost
Received: Ford Escape Ecoboost

I was pleasantly surprised by this car. I've always viewed the Escape as just another bland crossover. I didn't expect the punch that the Ecoboost provided, though. It's not a racecar but from a stop, it'll quickly get you going. Also get pretty good gas mileage, which was appreciated since I drove nearly 1000 miles in a weekend.

April 30
Booked: Compact
Assigned: Kia Soul
Received: Kia Soul

Never been a fan of the look of this car but kept it to see what the hype is about. Drives better than I expected but got worse gas mileage than I expected, too.

May 19
Booked: Convertible
Received: Ford Mustang Ecoboost (non-convertible)

I was horribly disappointed by my experience at DCA. Our flight, like every other flight that night, was delayed a couple of hours, causing us to arrive after their midnight closing time. I was flat out told that since it was after midnight, I had no other option and they couldn't work with me. My fiancé and I had to appeal to a couple of people before we were given any other option. It wasn't our fault, after all, that we arrived so late. They finally gave us an option of the Mustang with 22k miles and a dirty interior.

The Cadillac was loaded out and all around seemed to be a really nice car but this was just for two of us with small bags. We didn't need all that car and had specifically booked a convertible because we wanted a convertible. The manager at the location told us that they "only have 2 convertibles and they go fast." He didn't really have a response after we informed him that we had booked it 5 months ago, though. This was my first time driving the redesigned Mustang. It has good power and drives really well. The visibility left a lot to be desired, though.

Last edited by RBD22; May 25, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Old May 26, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by newfbc
Booked: Luxury
Received: Ford Mustang Convertible

A little bittersweet with this one.. although the weather in Vancouver is pretty decent this weekend, I would never think a Mustang was a suitable sub for a Luxury rental. Being a holiday weekend, the lot was pretty empty when I arrived Saturday afternoon - there were a couple BMW sedans, a Jag sedan and a Lincoln cross over.. those were not 'available' to me.

Ron.
Originally Posted by RBD22
May 19
Booked: Convertible
Received: Ford Mustang Ecoboost (non-convertible)

I was horribly disappointed by my experience at DCA. Our flight, like every other flight that night, was delayed a couple of hours, causing us to arrive after their midnight closing time. I was flat out told that since it was after midnight, I had no other option and they couldn't work with me. My fiancé and I had to appeal to a couple of people before we were given any other option. It wasn't our fault, after all, that we arrived so late. They finally gave us an option of the Mustang with 22k miles and a dirty interior.

The Cadillac was loaded out and all around seemed to be a really nice car but this was just for two of us with small bags. We didn't need all that car and had specifically booked a convertible because we wanted a convertible. The manager at the location told us that they "only have 2 convertibles and they go fast." He didn't really have a response after we informed him that we had booked it 5 months ago, though. This was my first time driving the redesigned Mustang. It has good power and drives really well. The visibility left a lot to be desired, though.
LOL .. .maybe our reservations got 'crossed' in the system.

Ron.
Old May 30, 2017, 3:56 am

Booked: Select series Audi Q2
Assigned: None
Received: Mercedes CLA200d, 9km on the clock

Well, this one was a long one to wait for. Had booked the Q2 due to the excellent fare I got on an auto booking (cheaper than even a group A cat.).
When I arrived at the counter, the lady had trouble processing my rental, so after 15 minutes passed me to a supervisor. Supervisor got me the Q2, but since the car was at another location, had to wait for an hour to get the car.
Finally, when it arrived, it was a manual, not an auto as per booking, so they gave me the brand new CLA instead, 2 h after arriving at the counter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.