Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Preferred Plus 1-class Upgrades - Consistently Inconsistent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat

I frequently rent at Avis in MKE. Lately, the 1-class upgrade when available thing has been a farce. They rotate cars really fast at MKE and have a large selection but over the past 3-4 months of renting every week, I have been upgraded twice.

Most of my rentals are Intermediate or Standard and most of the time I receive a car in that class. When I ask if there are upgrades available I'm usually given some pat answer.

Is this a perk I should just pretend doesn't exist?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: Avis First, AA plebian :(
Aside from one person at the location I usually rent from absolutely refusing to upgrade, the times I have asked about it they have actually been out of cars. A couple of times I have identified cars that were just brought back from the wash that hadn't been checked in yet and gotten those.

Point is, I've had good luck with upgrades at Florida airport locations, when they have any (reasonable, I don't expect them to let go of a BMW to a PP for 120 a week) upgraded car to give. Licensees can be more difficult, but the nearly 50% saving on fees makes it more than worth using them instead, IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.