Wiki Posts
Search

Avis first via AA exec card

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Avis first via AA exec card

I got avis first status via the AA exec card. Now that the status is showing can I switch out the AA exec card and replace it with a different credit card I want to use for the rental and still keep the avis first status?
Old May 19, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM
Originally Posted by Red259
I got avis first status via the AA exec card. Now that the status is showing can I switch out the AA exec card and replace it with a different credit card I want to use for the rental and still keep the avis first status?
Was there a link for Registration? I have the same card and trying to upgrade my Avis Preferred to Avis First. Thanks.
Old May 19, 2015, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by eshkr
Was there a link for Registration? I have the same card and trying to upgrade my Avis Preferred to Avis First. Thanks.
I upgraded quite awhile ago. I do remember going to some webpage and inputting the information (wasn't very complicated). I don't have the link anymore and had gotten it from one of the travel blogs several months ago.
Old May 20, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM
Originally Posted by Red259
I upgraded quite awhile ago. I do remember going to some webpage and inputting the information (wasn't very complicated). I don't have the link anymore and had gotten it from one of the travel blogs several months ago.
Thanks. Called the Concierge last night and had them sign up for me. The Customer Service agent told me it will take about 2 weeks to get this done and I will receive a packet with details. Will keep monitoring my account till then.
Old May 24, 2015, 5:51 am

I am still confused regarding the actual benefit for Avis First.
Old May 24, 2015, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
I am still confused regarding the actual benefit for Avis First.
First of all, rumor is that Avis First will only exist for a month or two more, then be replaced by something else.

There are two main benefits (while it lasts):

1. Avis First gives you a more likely chance of upgrades (over the free Avis Preferred).

2. Only if you don't earn any partner miles/points on your rentals then every so many rentals you get a free coupon. But given that it's rumored to end very soon, you better have quite frequent rentals to have time to even earn one such coupon before the program converts.

For those who like to earn miles/points on their rentals, there's only the benefit 1 of increased likelihood of upgrades.

But how "visible" that benefit is (number of upgrades as First vs number of upgrades as Preferred) depends a lot on where you rent, when you rent, and what class of car you reserve. (Those who reserve Subcompact are likely to upgraded at many locations even if just Preferred, and may not see much different moving up to First.)

So while some value Avis First more, others see it just "better than a poke in the eye".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.