Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Default AWD Code: Help please?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Default AWD Code: Help please?

Hello. I don't need to rent a car very often. Have an Avis account through which I have three booked reservations in Hawaii. I have NO default AWD number set up in my account.

When I booked the rentals, I did it via the HA site and got very good rates at the time. They applied an AWD to the reservations.

Since then, I have played around with AutoSlash and found improved rates on all three reservations. They applied their own AWD in doing this. However, during their reservation process, I was unable to successfully apply my Wizard number to these reservations. There is some confusion as to what the issue is, but the reservations do appear fine when I call them up via Avis.com without logging in (using last name and conf number only). They are just not attached to my account. I also have been told that adding the Wizard number to these reservations will likely cause the price to increase. So I currently sit double-booked with reservations via HA and AS and will prob dump the HA reservations soon.

Question: I am contemplating adding the AWD number used by AS as a default to my profile in an attempt to corral the AS reservations in under my name. (1) Any idea if that would work? (2) Would that void the HA reservations I previous made or raise the rates on them?

I do not care about getting any points/rewards via Avis as I rent so very infrequently. I'm mostly interested in getting the AS reservations under my account to (a) have them all in one place and (b) utilize the Select & Go if applicable.

Thanks,
NHAnimator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.