Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis and Priceline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Avis and Priceline

Hello, new to the boards here, first post.

I have a trip coming up where I made a reservation through Priceline and got an Avis full size vehicle.

I am a preffered member but opted to book through priceline for this rental. I have a free upgrade that I called CS about and the gentelman claims that they will still honor this, despite pre-paying through Priceline. (I feel as if he was maybe misinformed)

My question is, should i be hesitant to use this as I've read horror stories in the past about Avis cancelling a reservation and charging a much higher rate.
Thanks in advance!
Old May 17, 2015, 11:21 pm

I recently rented from Avis at DCA and had prepaid through Priceline. At the counter, they gave me an upgrade without adding any additional charges. It all depends on the inventory they have on hand I'd guess and also the rep that would help you at the counter. It was pure luck that I got someone nice enough to give me that upgrade, though he didn't have to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.