Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renting at IND during NCAA Tourney

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:15 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Renting at IND during NCAA Tourney

So, being the non sport guys that I am, I didn't realize that my trip to Indy next Sunday is right in between the semi finals and finals of the NCAA tourney.

Should I be worried about car availability? I have the reservation, but I wonder, how low on cars do you think they will be?

Selfishly, I am wondering how crappy of a car I might end up with instead of getting upgraded.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:36 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I'm sure they'll have a car for you as a CC. However, I'd recommend not holding your breath for an upgrade. When I got to AZ last year and there was a golf event going on, I was assigned a poorly equipped/high mileage Taurus. I asked for anything else and was basically laughed at by the manager. I said the website showed they had BMWs and XTSs available for rent and he said they were "Upstairs and reserved for VIPs when they arrived later in the week." The lot was very bare, but it was the attitude of the manager more than anything that rubbed me the wrong way.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
No problem, Indy a big city,
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:59 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by satman40
No problem, Indy a big city,
My rental was in PHX (nearly 2x the population) and had a horrible experience as a CHM during a semi-peak time. I'm not so sure IND will be a whole lot better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.