How much grace time?

Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
How much grace time?

How much is the grace time offered at Avis nowadays? when you return the car and say exceed by 30 mins to 1 hour?

Thanks.

Last edited by raj_cl; Mar 21, 2015 at 6:08 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
It used to be 29 minutes, but officially there is no more grace period at all.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Depends on what you mean by grace time, as there are two possible definitions:

1. Returning the rental later than you said you would.
2. If you return the rental at a time that causes you to go past exactly one day (or exactly two days, etc.), how long do you have until you get charged for another day?

I think the first case is you have 7 hours, i.e. if you said you're return at 6 AM and you return at 7 AM, no problem, but if you return at 2 PM, you'll get charged a $10ish late fee. I thought the second case was 29 minutes, i.e. if you check the car out at 2 PM on day 1 and return it at 2:29 PM on day 2, you would get charged for 1 day and not 1 day and 1 hour. However, according to bhomburg above, that grace period is now gone.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: IHG Club Gold, PS Panorama Premium
Returned the car 8 min late (1:38 pm vs 1:30 pm) at LAX 5 days ago. No extra charge. I guess there is still some grace period.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I've always wondered if my original rental is for five days, so it's actually at the weekly rate, if my return it in the say six days what happens? And do I even need to contact them?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.