Does dropping from First void free weekend certs?

Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Does dropping from First void free weekend certs?

So I got a free weekend cert in my email a while ago and was looking for it last night to make a reservation for this weekend. After searching and searching i couldnt find it so i emailed Avis to ask if they could dig it up for me. I got back an email apologizing and saying I was no longer Avis First. They didnt say anything to answer my question about the free weekend. Does the fact that i dropped from First status void any un-used free weekends i had? I looked up the T&Cs for them and i didnt see anythign stating that i MUST still be First, simply that they expire after 6 months...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
So I got a free weekend cert in my email a while ago and was looking for it last night to make a reservation for this weekend. After searching and searching i couldnt find it so i emailed Avis to ask if they could dig it up for me. I got back an email apologizing and saying I was no longer Avis First. They didnt say anything to answer my question about the free weekend. Does the fact that i dropped from First status void any un-used free weekends i had? I looked up the T&Cs for them and i didnt see anythign stating that i MUST still be First, simply that they expire after 6 months...
If you did not delete the e-mail, search TUDA and WEEKEND in your e-mail to see if you can find it. I find it pretty reliable.

I am guessing if you are no longer AvisFirst, you probably can't log onto avisfirst.com
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by username
If you did not delete the e-mail, search TUDA and WEEKEND in your e-mail to see if you can find it. I find it pretty reliable.

I am guessing if you are no longer AvisFirst, you probably can't log onto avisfirst.com
Hmm just searched for TUDA and no results. I remember looking for it a month or two back and finding it in the trash and deliberately MOVING it to my inbox so i wouldn't loose it. Seems like it got lost again....Ill give customer service a ring in the morning and see if they can do anything (or if i can still use it...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.