Search

Avis First 2day weekend rental coupon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - PM, SPG - GM, Hertz - PC
Avis First 2day weekend rental coupon

So,

via statusmatch Avis gave me Avis First - and I got a coupon code for a free weekend rental.
That's awesome - and I really appreciate that...

However entering the coupon online brings the exact price and results as if not entering the coupon.
(And for all you Avis guys out there - you know the system will tell you if your booking doesn't qualify for the T&Cs of the coupon.)

What am I doing wrong?

Trying 03/14 to 03/16 ex ATL - coupon expires 4/30...
Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LilRobb
Trying 03/14 to 03/16 ex ATL - coupon expires 4/30...
Did you try a test booking with any dates in January or early February?

Supposedly all free weekend rental day coupons are expiring in Feb 2015, no matter what they say on them. This is due to them scheduled to be discontinued as Avis shifts to a different program which involves points rather than coupons. See this thread for details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-...t-program.html
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Avis apparently is having problems with the new program so the coupons all went back to the original 6 month expiration. Check your coupon dates on avisfirst.com to be sure.

I just did a test booking for 3/14-3/16 at ATL and the system had no problem applying my coupon.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:39 pm

I have a coupon that is said to expire in January 2015. I just used it to make a reservation in Feb. 2015 and Avis.com accepted it. Will I be able to use the coupon or will I be surprised when I return the car and Avis tries to charge me instead of honoring the coupon for free rental?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ross0
I have a coupon that is said to expire in January 2015. I just used it to make a reservation in Feb. 2015 and Avis.com accepted it. Will I be able to use the coupon or will I be surprised when I return the car and Avis tries to charge me instead of honoring the coupon for free rental?
They changed the coupon expiration dates, again without announcements. However, this time it was for our benefit as they went back to the original 6 month expiration.

Go to avisfirst.com to see the current expiration dates of your coupons.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:37 am
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
I have a coupon that was issued in mid-August as a part of the match offer. The email for the coupon states that it is valid through 1/15/2015. I tried using it for this coming weekend and am getting a "The Coupon Number entered is invalid." error message from the Avis website.

Reading the advice above, I went to avisfirst.com to check on my coupon details. Sadly the coupon details page is current returning a scheduled maintenance error. Bah-humbug.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:25 am
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rwk32882
I have a coupon that was issued in mid-August as a part of the match offer. The email for the coupon states that it is valid through 1/15/2015. I tried using it for this coming weekend and am getting a "The Coupon Number entered is invalid." error message from the Avis website.

Reading the advice above, I went to avisfirst.com to check on my coupon details. Sadly the coupon details page is current returning a scheduled maintenance error. Bah-humbug.
A quick followup: it seems that when the AvisFirst coupon details page is down for maintenance, coupons will return as invalid on the main Avis site. My coupon which was not working yesterday is now working as expected.

Expiry date is also later than shown in email as reported elsewhere in this thread.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: 8x Hilton Diamond Member, Southwest A Member & Companion pass Holder
damn...i need a coupon for Phoenix in March/April 2015 lol
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I just earned another coupon in December, which shows an expiration of 6/30/15. Hope it's actually around that long!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.