Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Cadillac XTS4 Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
2014 Cadillac XTS4 Ride Report

I've had the 2014 Cadillac XTS4 for nearly a week now; totaling about 1000 miles. I'll have it for another week, but I don't see my opinions changing much. The XTS is definitely a big cruiser. It's large, floaty and smooth. The interior cabin is nicely appointed, with a leather dash and spacious cabin. No complaints from the luxury department here, but this is a car I rather be driven in vs. drive myself.

Quick Overview

Capacity: 5-person / 2 large suitcases, 2 small suitcases in the trunk
Engine: 3.6L V6 (304HP)
Fuel Mileage: 18/28MPG on Mid (89)

What I Enjoyed

• Luxurious fit and finish; inside and out
  • Super plush, form fitting seats
  • Rear seat room is exceptional
  • Absolute highway cruiser, soaks up all bumps and sounds
  • Bose audio system sounds very immersive and clear
  • AWD system is RWD-based and it feels mostly RWD
  • Comfort/Intelligent Key access from all 4 doors
  • Absolute highway cruiser, soaks up all bumps and sounds
  • Fully lay-flat passenger seat
  • Cadillac CUE infotainment system is responsive and clean

What I Didn't Enjoy

• Underpowered, feels very sluggish at all RPM ranges
  • Brakes perform poorly; almost seem too small for a 4100lb. car
  • Navigation/touchscreen finger inputs all seem off (you must press further to the right of the icon)
  • Real world fuel economy seems to be more like 16MPG mixed
  • Backup camera detects too many "objects" that aren't there; ended up disabling because of the annoyance

Overall, it's a great car if you're looking for a luxury cruiser. You're really well isolated from the road and it provides an ultra comfortable ride. As a passenger, I found myself wanting to nap in the car, and I never fall asleep in a car. As a driver, it didn't provide me enough road feedback or input and it kind of made it a boring drive. But hey, I'm not that old yet... Although, on that note, if you're not that technically savvy, you made run into issues with the CUE system and/or touch-sensitive buttons on the center stack. I could picture my grandma going "How in the heck do I turn on the air?"

Would I rent it again? Probably, I wouldn't mind it. But if I knew I was going to be driving in the city or going to places with limited parking, I'd try to avoid driving this car. I would say it's probably too large for most people to consider themselves "comfortable".
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:55 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

One of the better large sedans, IMO, that Avis currently has. However, it's not anywhere near as nice as the K900!

Originally Posted by UnderEst

What I Didn't Enjoy

• Navigation/touchscreen finger inputs all seem off (you must press further to the right of the icon)
There's a calibrate feature. Try doing that to see if it's just off from someone before.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
There's a calibrate feature. Try doing that to see if it's just off from someone before.
I did the calibration through the display settings, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm thinking it may be more closely related to the viewing angle.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:59 pm

What class was this car?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.