Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMW 7 Series Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by LAXative
Saw a 740 at SEA recently. Took a peek inside, nothing exciting. I think BMW is overrated, even accounting for the lower-end trims Avis has on hand.
I agree. I'd rather have a loaded CTS (which Avis has a lot of) rather than a spartan BMW. CTS drives better too.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
CTS is horrible! It's literally the worst car I've ever driven, no pun intended.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:05 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I agree. I'd rather have a loaded CTS (which Avis has a lot of) rather than a spartan BMW. CTS drives better too.
^

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
CTS is horrible! It's literally the worst car I've ever driven, no pun intended.
Really? What makes you say that? I really liked the CTS. The Caddi CUE system is annoying, but driving the car was quite nice IMO.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:54 pm

Have you driven the 2014+ CTS? Much much better than the last generation. I would take the current CTS over a 5 series any day.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:27 pm

Are you sure you're not talking about the last gen CTS? The current model CTS, 2014+, is simply amazing. Excellent driver's car. Plus Avis tends to order them in Perfomance or top tier Premium trims.

The 3.6L is the weak point though. Too bad Avis probably won't get the CTS-V.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
My hate for Cadillac is the same for the past 20 years.

I drove a CTS @ Avis in Janurary (LAS) and in March (SFO) of this year.

The CTS didn't have the power and the car felt like it was going to flip on a turn. Sure the interior is decent only because of the price tag of the car.

Unfortunately I do not agree on this point as an MB/BMW/Audi fan.
I do admit the 528 is a bit pathetic because it lacks in power but a 5 series is uncomparable with a CTS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.