Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis posting incorrect aeroplan miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Thumbs down Avis posting incorrect aeroplan miles

Avis ran a promotion from March 4 to August 31, 2014 for 5,000 Aeroplan Miles for a rental of 5 days or more. This is in addition to the 500 base miles.

I had three separate reservations in July for 5 days or longer and each posted with only 1,000 bonus points.

I have called into customer service a few times and keep getting brushed aside that "my concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate department" and this will be fixed in 6-8 weeks!!!

I would like to use these points for a planned trip. It is ridiculous that Avis is taking so long to fix a blatant screw-up!!!

Are there others in the same boat as me??

end of rant.

Last edited by CanRulez; Sep 5, 2014 at 5:47 am
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:55 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Hopefully you kept a screenshot of the promo?

What do your receipts show as estimated miles?

[As I've noted several times before} If they don't come back in a reasonable time, I've found the best solution is to go to the Better Business Bureau with Avis. They seem to respond rather quickly and reasonably.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Yes, it shows the coupon code correctly on the reservation. I've kept a copy of the advertisement as backup of the promotion.

I just called again and they say it takes anywhere from 30-90 days to apply the bonus points since it's done manually.

They claimed that my Frequent Flyer # for some reason didn't appear on their system and that's why the bonus points weren't applied correctly.

What a bunch of b@logna. Each of the reservations and even the e-receipts have the aeroplan # clearly shown.

I'll look up some of your previous posts to see what you did with the BBB.

Thanks !
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Yes, it shows the coupon code correctly on the reservation.

I'll look up some of your previous posts to see what you did with the BBB.
But does your receipt show the correct # of miles earned?

Just start a complaint with the BBB against Avis that the promo said you get X miles, but they have only given you Y miles.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Yes, it shows the coupon code correctly on the reservation. I've kept a copy of the advertisement as backup of the promotion.

I just called again and they say it takes anywhere from 30-90 days to apply the bonus points since it's done manually.

!
I'm having the same issue with the current 4000 bonus point promo. I have rented 4 times since December and each time only 1000 bonus points are posted to my Aeroplan account, despite the receipt from Avis saying 4500 points (500 reg + 4000 bonus) were earned.

from: https://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions...up2000352_avis

Get on the road to more rewards!

From Oct. 1 to Feb. 28, 2017, take advantage of this rich promotion from Avis® and earn 4,000 bonus miles1 on rentals of 3 days or more. Plus, get up to 25% off base rates* in Canada and the United States!

The bonus miles are on top of the miles you would regularly earn for renting with Avis: 250 miles for non-airport rentals and 500 miles for airport rentals.

To be eligible for the bonus miles, simply rent a vehicle before Feb. 28 and be sure to provide the following information when booking:

Aeroplan AWD C682379
coupon code MCAA004
your Aeroplan number

Reserve now with Avis to be rewarded while on the road!

Extra bonus miles for Aeroplan status members

Members with status in the Aeroplan program will earn an additional 500 bonus miles, for a total of 4,500 bonus miles with this promotion.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by todd-r
I'm having the same issue with the current 4000 bonus point promo. I have rented 4 times since December and each time only 1000 bonus points are posted to my Aeroplan account, despite the receipt from Avis saying 4500 points (500 reg + 4000 bonus) were earned.

from: https://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions...up2000352_avis
My Dec 22 rental posted with the correct points (500+4000+500 posted).. my Jan 10 rental posted correct except for the status bonus (500+4000 posted).. my Feb 10 rental was messed up - 4500 showed on the receipt - (500+1000+500 posted) with the 500 status bonus posting as of Feb 18.. my Feb 24 rental posted ok but status has not posted yet (500 + 4000 posted).

Avis points can take forever to post.. not sure what their problem is, being the preferred Aeroplan car rental option. I rented many times last fall from Hertz and the points always posted correctly the next business day.

Ron.

Last edited by newfbc; Mar 10, 2017 at 5:29 pm
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AC 75K
Also having the same issue on an Avis rental from November. Receipt showed 4500 miles earned; by mid-Jan none had posted, so I emailed Avis CS. Took forever for them to reply, but I received an assurance that the miles would post, plus they sent a one-time US$40 coupon code for my trouble. A couple of weeks after that, 500+1000+500 miles posted.

Planning to go back to them again, but I'm not optimistic about receiving the 2500 missing miles.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I've been getting the run around from them on 4 instances of missing or incorrectly posted miles now. They keep saying they have to wait 90 days for them to post.. even though they've posted - incorrectly!

Ugh.. so much work for something that should be automatic.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.