California Tolls

Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
California Tolls

Thank God I pay attention to FT. I just paid my toll for Route 73 online. I was never told by Avis that I would not have a transponder in my rental. On the way back to LAX, I saw the toll signs and was expecting a toll booth to pay. Signs said pay online. mind you, no website was mentioned just Pay Online. So, I see what looks like cameras as I pass where the I would have expected a booth. I assumed they photograph the license and sign said to pay in 48 hours. So I Googled Calfornia toll and paid the 6.75. Noticed the California authorities realize now that many people don't know this new system yet. As a result, toll fines are waved through Labor Day. Shouldn't Avis at least inform out of state drivers about this new toll system in an effort to avoid having to settle tolls and possible fines with renters later?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by eajusa
Shouldn't Avis at least inform out of state drivers about this new toll system in an effort to avoid having to settle tolls and possible fines with renters later?
It's not up to Avis to inform drivers how to operate Avis vehicles in all jurisdictions.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I have had at least one Avis car with printed sticky note warning about a local toll road with open tolling, so it's not unheard of for them to notify. I do agree that their doing so is a courtesy, and they have no obligation to let you know about every possible issue you might run into.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.