Does Avis have a loyalty rewards program?

Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Does Avis have a loyalty rewards program?

I am signed up for Avis preferred, recently rented a car, and just realized that I didn't get any points for the rental. Does Avis do this? What benefits do customers get if they rent frequently with Avis? Can you get Airline FF miles as well?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Avis First is what you get after a set number of rentals/days. AvisFirst.com has all the details on your benefits. It's worth pointing out that if you earn airline/other points or miles, you don't get free rentals with Avis. It's a very poor program overall, IMO.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I thought Avis gave you nothing in terms of points?

IAHtraveler, we get miles from Avis? ....... I must of missed out on this
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I thought Avis gave you nothing in terms of points?

IAHtraveler, we get miles from Avis? ....... I must of missed out on this
https://www.avis.com/car-rental/cont...navId=T4M07S00
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BayAreaResident
I am signed up for Avis preferred, recently rented a car, and just realized that I didn't get any points for the rental. Does Avis do this? What benefits do customers get if they rent frequently with Avis? Can you get Airline FF miles as well?
Not only can you get airline FF miles or hotel points (Club Carlson hotel points bonuses on 3-day rentals are very popular), but you should see if any of the airlines/hotels you're interested in have promos that fit your rental particulars. See this thread for all of those:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-...romotions.html

With many airlines, you only earn 50 miles/day "normally", but a promo can often be 5x or 10x that, which is why you should look at promos first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.