Search

7,500 AAdvantage miles from Avis

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
7,500 AAdvantage miles from Avis

Got an email from aa.com:

"As the weather warms up – you can, too. Through July 15th, take a little more time for yourself with savings of up to 35% and earn up to 7,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles. There's no better time than now to unwind by renting with Avis – the preferred car rental partner of American.
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_aa7500

Number of Rental Days Miles Earned
1–2 1,000
3–4 3,000
5–6 5,000
7 or more 7,500"

Last edited by yuel; Jun 6, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Old May 29, 2014, 12:32 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by yuel
Got an email from aa.com:

As the weather warms up – you can, too. Through July 15th, take a little more time for yourself with savings of up to 35% and earn up to 7,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles. There's no better time than now to unwind by renting with Avis – the preferred car rental partner of American.

Number of Rental Days Miles Earned
1–2 1,000
3–4 3,000
5–6 5,000
7 or more 7,500
Sweet - any link? Is that targeted?
Old May 29, 2014, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Sweet - any link? Is that targeted?
I tried posting the link but it keeps coming up as a mobile site on my phone
http://link.aa.com/r/I6EK8P/WJX5E/EX...WO/XTCDL1/2V/h
Old May 29, 2014, 12:53 pm
Used to be highman123

I tried posting the link but it keeps coming up as a mobile site on my phone
http://link.aa.com/r/I6EK8P/WJX5E/EX...WO/XTCDL1/2V/h
Thanks! Great offer. HT'ed you in the post!
Old May 29, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except that that's may not be the best AA bonus with Avis right now!

There's another one where you get 1500 miles (not just 1000) for 1-day rentals.

(Though I think this one here gives more for week-long rentals.)

More here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-...romotions.html (in the Avis forum)

(There are several different AA/Avis promos going on right now, each with different bonus amounts, end dates, and perhaps other differences too?)
Old May 29, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Except that that's may not be the best AA bonus with Avis right now!

There's another one where you get 1500 miles (not just 1000) for 1-day rentals.

(Though I think this one here gives more for week-long rentals.)

More here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-...romotions.html (in the Avis forum)

(There are several different AA/Avis promos going on right now, each with different bonus amounts, end dates, and perhaps other differences too?)
Tried the 1500 mile quote. The car rental was about $17 more for the same car, same dates. So $17 for 500 miles didn't seem like a better deal.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Much of my current AA balance was earned on previous promos like this, and thanks to the OP for posting a 7-day/7,000 version (best I'd seen before was 5 days, MUAA004).

Any1 seen anything that's NOT restricted to airport locations?

Would like to be wrong here, but if appears you can pick any AWD you want but have to go with the coupon code, which means you can't use other coupons for something like a free day, $25 off, etc.
Old May 30, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Tried the 1500 mile quote. The car rental was about $17 more for the same car, same dates. So $17 for 500 miles didn't seem like a better deal.
Are you sure you tried correctly? Did you use the same AWD for both? I've never seen a bonus miles coupon affect the price, but the AWD certainly does. (You don't have to use the AWD that's mentioned in each promo. Very often the AWD mentioned in a particular promo is not the best, even when the coupon is.)
Old May 30, 2014, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are you sure you tried correctly? Did you use the same AWD for both? I've never seen a bonus miles coupon affect the price, but the AWD certainly does. (You don't have to use the AWD that's mentioned in each promo. Very often the AWD mentioned in a particular promo is not the best, even when the coupon is.)
Just used the 1500 mile link directly, and the auto filled AWD code.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:40 am
Original Poster

I wonder if we can use the Daily Deals cert of $50 to help pay for the rental, that will be 50 off, and you can use a total of 7 certs according to the T&C,
I notice a weeks rental is only $135ish here in ORF, so use 2 certs for 100 off, so my cost will be 2 certs at 60 and 35 for the difference for a cost of $95 for 7,500 miles.

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...5-915ef0826b9f

Last edited by yuel; May 30, 2014 at 10:31 am
Old May 30, 2014, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if we can use the Daily Deals cert of $50 to help pay for the rental, that will be 50 off, and you can use a total of 7 certs according to the T&C,
I notice a weeks rental is only $135ish here in ORF, so use 2 certs for 100 off, so my cost will be 2 certs at 60 and 35 for the difference for a cost of $95 for 7,500 miles.

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...5-915ef0826b9f
I doubt it highly. Did you read all the T&Cs at that site? They say:
"May not be used in conjunction with any other promotion, or offer."
In every other case I've seen to date, Avis only allows you to either use a bonus earnings coupon (like the AA one being discussed here), or use a discount coupon/certificate, not both on the same rental.

If you have questions about how it has worked in the past, I suggest you search the Avis forum (then ask there if you don't find an answer by searching). The Avis forum is visited by people with lots of Avis experience, many of who don't visit MilesBuzz! The purpose of this thread in MilesBuzz! is to alert people to the promo, not to answer every question that might come up about Avis.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 30, 2014 at 8:46 pm
Old May 30, 2014, 8:46 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
So I've got a few ~six day trips coming up and I'm wondering if there is any way to stretch them to qualify for the 7,500 mile bonus..

Does anyone know what the shortest rental period is that would qualify for the 7 day bonus? Does the reservation have to be 7 days or more, or is there a little headroom where say...a 6 day, 13 hour rental would qualify?

What really matters...the duration of the reservation, or the duration between the "time out" and "time in" fields on the receipt?
Old May 30, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rwk32882
So I've got a few ~six day trips coming up and I'm wondering if there is any way to stretch them to qualify for the 7,500 mile bonus..

Does anyone know what the shortest rental period is that would qualify for the 7 day bonus? Does the reservation have to be 7 days or more, or is there a little headroom where say...a 6 day, 13 hour rental would qualify?

What really matters...the duration of the reservation, or the duration between the "time out" and "time in" fields on the receipt?
My experience is that the avis.com site as of recent months tells you what your projected miles earnings, factoring in the coupon, will be. So why don't you do a test for yourself, doing a 7 day test rental first, and then lowering the number of hours in steps.
Old May 31, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
In my experience and observation, you cross into the fifth 24 hour period, and it rolls to a weekly rental rate, for better or for worse.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:52 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Firewind
In my experience and observation, you cross into the fifth 24 hour period, and it rolls to a weekly rental rate, for better or for worse.
Some places have 5 or 6 days equivalent to the weekly rate. However, the coupon requires 7 days for usage. Most likely, you'll need >6 days to count.

Nope... You can only use 1 coupon code per rental. Both the bonus AA miles and the cert require a coupon code, so you must pick one to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.