Wiki Posts
Search

7,500 AAdvantage miles from Avis

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Well, this is interesting. I rented a car for 5 days, but of course Avis charges the weekly rate on anything considered 5-7 days. So, I just used MUAA004 which is what I've been using on my 1 or 3 day rentals.

But these line items just appeared in my AAdv account:
- AVIS 7 DY BUFFALO APO NY 350 0 350
- AVIS BONUS MILES 0 5,000 5,000

So I was marked as having a 7-day rental and given base miles for 7 days (7x50=350). Makes me wonder if I had used MUAA036 if I would have gotten 7,500 miles, even though the T&Cs explicitly carve out a 5-6 day bonus tier.

I don't have any more 5-day rentals coming up, anyone else want to experiment?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:54 pm
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
Returned a 7 day rental on 6/30. Should I have received points by now or should I start a follow up with Avis/AA?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by g11
Returned a 7 day rental on 6/30. Should I have received points by now or should I start a follow up with Avis/AA?
Give it another 1-2 weeks. Based on how things post to my account, it looks like Avis does it in batches.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
The 5000 bonus mile offer requires a 5 day minimum rental. The 7500 bonus miles offer requires a 7 day minimum rental. Let us know if you get the 7500 miles bonus on the 5 day rental.

I think the 7 Day refers to weekly as it's always the coding I see for weekly rentals regardless of length.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:41 pm

If you use the coupon code but did not give an AA number can they add it when you pick up the car? What happens if for some your AA number does not get added, can you call to get credit?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
If you use the coupon code but did not give an AA number can they add it when you pick up the car? What happens if for some your AA number does not get added, can you call to get credit?
Yes to the first question, probably on the 2nd (and probably as long as you do it before they do their batch processing).
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by LAXative
Yes to the first question, probably on the 2nd (and probably as long as you do it before they do their batch processing).
How long does it typically take for the miles to post?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
How long does it typically take for the miles to post?
Up to several weeks. Like mentioned above, they do it in batches, so it's not a set amount of time from when you return the car. Return on day X, and you may get it much sooner, return on day X+1, and you may get it much later, if day X was the cutoff day for a particular batch, and thus day X+1 has to wait for the next batch.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If you have set yourself up to earn miles from the partner and just didn't apply the code, then yes. If you left the FF program stuff blank, and you are Avis First, you will get credit for the rental in the Avis First program immediately, and then you are stuck.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beachfan
If you have set yourself up to earn miles from the partner and just didn't apply the code, then yes. If you left the FF program stuff blank, and you are Avis First, you will get credit for the rental in the Avis First program immediately, and then you are stuck.
I read this and immediately thought, "another reason why Avis First sucks as a program" #FirstWorldFFProblems
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:08 am

Two questions:

1. I already used this promo and received 350 base miles for 6-7 day rental, but only 5k miles instead of 7.5k. Should I request the missing miles?

2. There is another trip coming up and need rental car. Will I be eligible again to use this offer? Or is it just once per offer period or year?

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:12 am
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by curiousGal
2. There is another trip coming up and need rental car. Will I be eligible again to use this offer? Or is it just once per offer period or year?

Thanks!
Use it as many times as you want. I'm picking up my sixth rental under this coupon today. All have posted so far.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by curiousGal
Two questions:

1. I already used this promo and received 350 base miles for 6-7 day rental, but only 5k miles instead of 7.5k. Should I request the missing miles?

Thanks!
If you broke the 6 day, 3 hour threshold (evidenced by your 50 x 7 = 350 base miles) then yes I would request avoid adjust accordingly.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:18 pm

Help.

If you broke the 6 day, 3 hour threshold (evidenced by your 50 x 7 = 350 base miles) then yes I would request avoid adjust accordingly.
I got the 350 points but never the bonus. I returned the car in June. I called avis and they said it can take up to 90 days. Has it taken that long for any of you? Should I do something else?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by Raul2077
I got the 350 points but never the bonus. I returned the car in June. I called avis and they said it can take up to 90 days. Has it taken that long for any of you? Should I do something else?
My points have been posting anywhere between 7-14 days. The regular and bonus points always post on the same day so far with mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.