Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Received two President's Club cards - which one to use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Being a HON Circle member with Miles & More I received an AVIS President's Club card. Well, actually two. The number is the same, the name is the same, the accompanying letter is the same.

There is only one difference: on one of the cards there are the letters "CV" above the date. What does that mean?

So which card shall I use?
Old May 24, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Neither.

You never flash your card at AVIS. In fact, you could flash it all you want, and no one will do anything.

Your Wizard number in their system is what denotes what you're entitled to. If your Wizard number doesnt say Presidents Club, you wont get any PC perks.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Now that United Club car holders are downgraded to Avis first from PC, I find occasionally flashing my old unexpired PC card still worked in the past.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Neither.

You never flash your card at AVIS. In fact, you could flash it all you want, and no one will do anything.

Your Wizard number in their system is what denotes what you're entitled to. If your Wizard number doesnt say Presidents Club, you wont get any PC perks.
Hi All!

@bkafrick I have a question for you

If I booked the rental with the Preferred account (my mistake) and prepaid (so I can't cancel the reservation to book another without penalty) and I'm President's Club with another account (same name) this means that I can't show the card ad checkin and ask for the free 2nd driver?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Being a HON Circle member with Miles & More I received an AVIS President's Club card. Well, actually two. The number is the same, the name is the same, the accompanying letter is the same.

There is only one difference: on one of the cards there are the letters "CV" above the date. What does that mean?

Hi San Gottardo

I think that we have the same cards, but the weird thing is (for me) that the newest is without expiry date

Yours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.