Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidentual Plus level disappearing?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Presidents Club level disappearing for UA Club Card holders?

This was posted on the UA forum but I thought I'd post it here to get any additional info. If you go to http://www.avis.com/uaclubcard they now have this statement

An important change in the Avis benefits available to you through your United MileagePlus® Club Card is on its way. Beginning January 28th, the benefit available to United Club cardholders will change from Avis President's Club to Avis First®. Existing Avis President's Club members will be changed to Avis First on April 1st, 2013.

If this is really true this will be a huge downgrade for Club Card holders that have the card primarily for Avis PC.

Last edited by nova08; Dec 26, 2012 at 7:10 am
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Ouch, that is quite the downgrade, however, I was surprised that Avis ever offered PC for the MileagePlus card. It made it look like they didn't really care about all of the Amex Cent card holders that they provided it to as well.

I would say that this might still be fallout from the UA/CO merger. I am still frustrated that they pulled the plug on my Priority Pass for access to the CO lounges.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:48 pm

Wow this is a huge disappointment as it is a big reason I have the card. Will have to strongly reconsider renewing it.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Well that sucks. Thats the only reason I have that credit card. The PC status was well worth the $395... in fact, I just renewed last month for $395. I'm going to be pretty pissed if they change this mid-year for me.

EDIT
OK - this "reduction" is for the UA Club Card -- NOT the UA Presidential Plus card. See the following websites:
https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...l-benefits.htm
http://avis.com/presidentialplus

Last edited by bkafrick; Dec 30, 2012 at 3:59 pm
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Well that sucks. Thats the only reason I have that credit card. The PC status was well worth the $395... in fact, I just renewed last month for $395. I'm going to be pretty pissed if they change this mid-year for me.

EDIT
OK - this "reduction" is for the UA Club Card -- NOT the UA Presidential Plus card. See the following websites:
https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...l-benefits.htm
http://avis.com/presidentialplus
Unfortunately, the Presidential Plus is no longer available to new applicants.

I switched from the PP card to the UA club card this summer when I got the offer for a free year of the UA club card. I guess I will completely ditch the UA card when it comes up for renewal.

David
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA-1k, AA-EP, HH-D, Marriott-G,HPass-PL, Avis-Pres, Hertz-Pres
So i am still confused reading this update...

I have President's Club through pmCO Pres Plus card and Avis first through earnings before that (Same number or higher of rentals since), and my avis profile still says PC. Will I be downgraded? Or is all of this around the UA Club card only?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by woofly

I have President's Club through pmCO Pres Plus card and Avis first through earnings before that (Same number or higher of rentals since), and my avis profile still says PC. Will I be downgraded? Or is all of this around the UA Club card only?
+1 - I have the old Pres+ card from CO and want to know if this affects us too.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by woofly

Originally Posted by bocastephen
+1 - I have the old Pres+ card from CO and want to know if this affects us too.
This only has to do with the UA Club Card.

The Chase Presidential Plus card is intact, and still has AVIS PC status associated with it.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bkafrick
This only has to do with the UA Club Card.

The Chase Presidential Plus card is intact, and still has AVIS PC status associated with it.
Have you received confirmation from Avis? I suspect with the number of "giveaway promos" UA and Chase are running with the Club card Avis saw the number of PC members swell but that doesn't mean they don't take it away from the legacy Presidentual Plus card members as well.

It's a big hit for me, I already achieve Avis First just by renting so much and it is a level that doesn't really get you much.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by nova08
I already achieve Avis First just by renting so much and it is a level that doesn't really get you much.
Truer words were never spoken.

David
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by nova08
Have you received confirmation from Avis? I suspect with the number of "giveaway promos" UA and Chase are running with the Club card Avis saw the number of PC members swell but that doesn't mean they don't take it away from the legacy Presidentual Plus card members as well.
Yes, here:
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...esidentialplus
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, Avis PC, National Exec
I spoke with the Avis Presidents Club today about a reservation and mentioned this. The agent said that if you have "the Continental card" meaning Presidential Plus card, you will still be at the Presidents Club level, and if you have "the United card" meaning United Club card, you will be switched to First level.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by bocasierra
I spoke with the Avis Presidents Club today about a reservation and mentioned this. The agent said that if you have "the Continental card" meaning Presidential Plus card, you will still be at the Presidents Club level, and if you have "the United card" meaning United Club card, you will be switched to First level.
A sigh of relief for now, I am a "Continental Card" member and will be able to maintain President's Club status now which I really find beneficial.

Dan
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
That is the official stance. I have to imagine that at some point, they will choose to stop paying for the benefit.

Originally Posted by dan1431
A sigh of relief for now, I am a "Continental Card" member and will be able to maintain President's Club status now which I really find beneficial.

Dan
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Teamstone
That is the official stance. I have to imagine that at some point, they will choose to stop paying for the benefit.
Why?

Its a perk of the card, that we pay $395 a year for... essentially, we're paying for the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.