using avis uk rates in the us

Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
using avis uk rates in the us

I tried doing a search for the information in threads but couldn't find it.

I'm on the Avis UK mailing list and get promotions for renting cars thru their site.
It seems many of their rates in the US contain insurance at reasonable prices.

I cannot find anywhere on the site that says you have to be a resident of the uk to use the rate and when I put in my wizard number it didn't kick out the rate.

Do most rates on avis.uk for us rentals contain prepaid insurance and are the rates open to anyone?

Would solve the problem of whether or not to purchase insurance for short rentals.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
If you are preferred, it is smooth sailing. I have heard anecdotal evidence that non-preferred may be refused service when booked with an international only rate. Sign up for preferred and the problem is solved.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
UK rentals include a small amount of CDW insurance whereas the US/Canadian rentals do not at all and you need to buy some sort of insurance with either Avis or through your own.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
I just booked a car using the UK website, for next month in the US. My confirmation email says the following:

All Mandatory Charges, Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), Additional Liability Insurance, Tax Unlimited mileage Please note, that in the case of cancellation, no show or modification of your Pay Now reservation, your payment will be refundable subject to the fees set out in Booking Terms and Conditions.

Plus, the UK website is running a special through the 11th; using their Autumn Sale AWD, I got a better price than the Deloitte AWD!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.