Community
Wiki Posts
Search

avis charges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:01 am
Original Poster

avis charges

i am an avis preferred member and have found their system excellent - until now. i booked a rental prepaid through my BA avios account and was assured it was prepaid. we arrive at the preferred desk in MCO - no car waiting and none available. i have booked a group Z vehicle and end up with a 21k mile explorer ( eventually). not too bad so far. i return the vehicle on time and get landed with a bill of 2212.697usd less prepaid of 884.50 usd.

i am having extreme trouble getting this refunded both through Avis and BA.

anybody got any ideas?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
And I just complimented MCO in another thread....

First and foremost any Avis location staff has proved to be worthless if it is after hours presumably because most managers and office staff are gone. When you picked up the car what did your contract say on it? Do you have a screen shot of the original booking? Did you ask for an upgrade to which point they did but charged you for a higher priced vehicle in the process?

I had a similar issue with Hertz a while back and customer service got me nowhere until coincidentaly just after I filed a credit card dispute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.