question about a car type being sold out

Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:11 am
Original Poster

question about a car type being sold out

Going to PDX in 2 weeks, and it looks like Avis as well as all other rental agencies are completely out of minivans.

In the next few weeks, will any agencies transfer some additional vehicles over to this location? I would think so since none are available, but who knows.

Oh, and summer rental rates in PDX are ridiculous (for obvious reasons).
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you really need the space, let me suggest you reserve a suitable alternative, maybe a 3-row crossover. It's possible Avis will not be able to move enough vehicles in to serve PDX demand; all big stations other than SEA are quite some distance away, and it, too, has quite a seasonal peak of travelers.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

That's a good idea on the 3rd row crossover. Any suggestions on vehicles with a luggage rack on top? I am unfamiliar with these type of vehicles. One row will have my kids in car seats and the other will have my smother in law.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Avis' Standard Elite SUV will often be a Chevy Traverse or GMC Acadia, both offering 3-row seating and useable space behind the 3rd row. The Acadia has a standard roof rack; the Traverse does not. The Chevy Tahoe as Full Size SUV is a lot more trucky but also has a roof rack.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.