Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Preferred Select & Go Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: SAS Gold,AA Plat, Hertz Pres, Avis President Circle, Sixt Plat
This is a continuation of what you wrote earlier (apologize).

I am flying into MIA on 28th Dec and have a Premium SUV booking for 10 days (returning at the same location). Not to keen on a Suburban and definitely not a Ford, but I booked it through my credit card company and that was the best they had.

I am Avis First, do I have to pay for an upgrade or what would be a potential upgrade from a Premium SUV? I guess they only have speciality vehicles? I saw you guys mentioned that they can only upgrade to Luxury and would have to pay the "upgrade fee no matter what class you booked, with a possible negotiation of price", but since Premium SUV are similar price range to Luxury I am wondering what could be a good upgrade?

Hoping for Escalade or a vette, but guess I would have to pay a fair amount extra at Select&GO upgrade area. Previously at Hertz they have bumped me up from a luxury rental to GL450 and Escalade.

(I am pretty new to flyertalk so apologize if this is the wrong thread).
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:13 am

Any recent sightings of Select & Go at MCO?

I'm arriving Monday May 9th, if that means anything.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by AllanAa
Any recent sightings of Select & Go at MCO?

I'm arriving Monday May 9th, if that means anything.
It really doesn't mean much. Was there last week I remember a c-max, f-150, and compass that were "free." They had a few others but don't recall what. I really can't find a pattern of what makes it in there aside from never wanting any of the cars in there. Don't forget if you have time and patience to kill you can shop both sides of MCO as well as TPA.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by Halvorho
This is a continuation of what you wrote earlier (apologize).

I am flying into MIA on 28th Dec and have a Premium SUV booking for 10 days (returning at the same location). Not to keen on a Suburban and definitely not a Ford, but I booked it through my credit card company and that was the best they had.

I am Avis First, do I have to pay for an upgrade or what would be a potential upgrade from a Premium SUV? I guess they only have speciality vehicles? I saw you guys mentioned that they can only upgrade to Luxury and would have to pay the "upgrade fee no matter what class you booked, with a possible negotiation of price", but since Premium SUV are similar price range to Luxury I am wondering what could be a good upgrade?

Hoping for Escalade or a vette, but guess I would have to pay a fair amount extra at Select&GO upgrade area. Previously at Hertz they have bumped me up from a luxury rental to GL450 and Escalade.

(I am pretty new to flyertalk so apologize if this is the wrong thread).
A suburban is a premium suv. If you're first I wouldn't expect much better unless you plan on paying a bit more. Highly unlikely you get an Escalade or GL or Vette but you may be able to charm your way into something like the midsize Infiniti SUV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.