Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Great Aeroplan Promotion - Earn up to 17X the Aeroplan Miles!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC

http://www.avis.ca/car-rental/deals/...plPgFeb2012-en

Earn up to 4,500 Aeroplan® Miles at Avis!
Rent for 5 days or more (coupon # MCAA002) and earn...
4,500 Aeroplan Miles (airport) = 4,000 bonus miles + 500 regular miles
4,250 Aeroplan Miles (off-airport) = 4,000 bonus miles + 250 regular miles

Rent 2 or more weekend days (with coupon # MCAA001) and earn...
3,500 Aeroplan Miles (airport) = 3,000 bonus miles + 500 regular miles
3,250 Aeroplan Miles (off-airport) = 3,00 bonus miles + 250 regular miles
Valid on Intermediate (Group C) and above vehicles at participating Avis locations in Canada and the U.S.

PLUS, you can save up to 25% - simply quote
AWD # C682300.

How are Avis with posting to Aeroplan? 3500 miles for a 2 day $40-ish weekend rental is awesome!

Ron.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:28 pm

Hmm, so can I double dip and a) earn free days with the ongoing Avis Free to getaway program, and b) earn Aeroplan miles (which I can redeem towards gift cards)?

**Oh nvm, it seems Free to Getaway can't be combined with FF Mileage programs, rats.

Last edited by drzoidberg; May 10, 2012 at 11:36 pm
Old May 10, 2012, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
From the Terms:

"In the U.S., rental must be made in conjunction with any Air Canada or Aeroplan Partner Airline and must be made within 24 hours of flight arrival or departure. Qualifying Airline Code must be provided at time of reservation. A valid airline ticket or boarding pass is required to be eligible to earn mileage credit. Advance reservations are required."

Ron.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by newfbc
From the Terms:

"In the U.S., rental must be made in conjunction with any Air Canada or Aeroplan Partner Airline and must be made within 24 hours of flight arrival or departure. Qualifying Airline Code must be provided at time of reservation. A valid airline ticket or boarding pass is required to be eligible to earn mileage credit. Advance reservations are required."

Ron.
Boo...!

Are there any mileage programs that give points as generously as Aeroplan for Avis rentals, that don't require an airline ticket to earn mileage credit?
Old May 11, 2012, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Not sure. Aeroplan works for me. This weekend will be my first rental from Avis. Have been renting from Hertz.. but 3500 vs 1500 miles for a 2 day weekend rental is impossible to resist!

Ron.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I just did my first rental with this promo at a US location. The receipt shows 3500 miles earned. How long does avis usually take to post to AC?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I just did my first rental with this promo at a US location. The receipt shows 3500 miles earned. How long does avis usually take to post to AC?
So far it's been between 7 and 11 days.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.