Search

Any discount codes for New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler
Any discount codes for New Zealand?

I just joined Avis President Club.

Will be doing a bunch of one day rentels in New Zealand and can not find any discount codes.

If anybody could help, please post (or PM)

Thank you
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
There are about 71 pages of discount codes as a sticky at the top of the AVIS forum.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bkafrick
There are about 71 pages of discount codes as a sticky at the top of the AVIS forum.
I should have wrote "any that worked recently"
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
Have you had a look at the Avis NZ website (avis.co.nz)? There is a single class upgrade offer for 1 Nov to 31 Mar, which effectively saves you NZD 2 - 16 per day, depending on the class.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Yep, Problem is that is for multiple day rentals and as I will be doing a bunch of one day rentals while in port (Cruise Ship) it doesnt apply.

Thanks though.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
Originally Posted by Jim77401
Yep, Problem is that is for multiple day rentals and as I will be doing a bunch of one day rentals while in port (Cruise Ship) it doesnt apply.

Thanks though.
No, it's for any rental of 1 day or greater! Hence the reason I mentioned it! Your choice though ...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
A177232 seems to be working for me. You can to try different ones from discount rate thread.

Aren't there cheaper than Avis alternatives in NZ like Apex Rentals?
I am going to NZ for 1 week and for RAV4 Avis quote me NZ$1100 with full package insurance and gps (NZ$1022 after discount code), while Apex NZ$798 with 0 excess coverage.

There is also an additional discount code MPNA096 for 7 days rentals that gives NZ$100 off (it is not automatically included in the total estimate but will be deducted on the spot), so it would give NZ$922 total (Avis) vs NZ$798 (Apex).

Avis is more expensive and have NZ$345 excess that cannot be reduced to 0. Apex at price above comes with 0 excess.

Any particular reason I should choose Avis over Apex?

Last edited by stiwi; Oct 27, 2011 at 11:57 pm
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Budget is even slightly cheaper than Avis. They seem to have exactly the same addons, conditions, policy. I read both companies have the same owner. So is there any difference in terms of car / service standard?

Also where can I see the overview and levels of Avis loyalty program?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.