X CEED
STONIC
CEED

MAZDA

MAZDA 2
MAZDA 3
MAZDA CX30

CX-3

Correct AFAIK as of December 2022 (from Dec 16, 2022 12:42 pm, posted by EdinburghTraveller).
Print Wikipost

Fleet List (UK)

Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by stimpy
However all the Cool cars show as sold out. Does anyone know what's up with this?
As Clubman says, the Cool Cars fleet are probably not directly comparable with our Select Fleet so they just don't show up at all. In fact we there isn't a single vehicle in common between the two fleets, although lots of guaranteed make-and-model sports and SUVs for you to choose from.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
As Clubman says, the Cool Cars fleet are probably not directly comparable with our Select Fleet so they just don't show up at all. In fact we there isn't a single vehicle in common between the two fleets, although lots of guaranteed make-and-model sports and SUVs for you to choose from.
Thanks. I was using avis.com. I went to the UK site and put in my Wizard number, but the prices were much higher. So I went back to avis.com and reserved a standard. Hopefully they will upgrade to a BMW. At least that's what is showing two levels up from a Standard on avis.com
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:14 am
Original Poster

On the subject of Lacettis, I returned this week's rental to BHD this morning and parked right next to just such a car (with auto transmission). It wasn't on NI plates, so I could tell it was a 2011 reg.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:29 pm

It wasn't on NI plates, so I could tell it was a 2011 reg.
In that case they must be one of the last ones as the Lacetti was discontinued from the UK market last yr.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by olivetti
VW Golf Cabriolet confirmed to be joining Select end of March initially from London Heathrow
Looks like it's available to book now.

Some of the other cars confirmed to join the Select series are the new 5 series, New 1 series, Audi A1, VW Scirocco as well as the DS3, Fiat 500, and XC90 "returning" to the fleet.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EDI
Presidents Club
Booked Standard, received Peugeot 508 Estate. Ugh, too huge.

On return I noticed a very nice VW Cabriolet which would have been perfect to go with the tropical Scottish weather.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:43 pm

I'm looking to book this August in MAN - I'm Avis First...is there any recognition of that status (ie: upgrade, etc.)? Right now I'm leaning toward booking the Passat wagon, but am I better off booking the sedan instead for upgrade potential?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Buster
I'm looking to book this August in MAN - I'm Avis First...is there any recognition of that status (ie: upgrade, etc.)? Right now I'm leaning toward booking the Passat wagon, but am I better off booking the sedan instead for upgrade potential?
Others may be better placed to answer that, because here in the UK, Avis doesn't offer equivalent loyalty statuses to those in the USA. As it's offered in the UK, Avis Preferred is simply a means to have your booking pre-loaded with all your details for a 3 minute getaway at check-in at key locations.

Perhaps someone else will know, but I presume that if your status perks are honoured at Avis branches worldwide, they'll be honoured here. It would be good to have clarity on this because this thread is primarily intended for visitors to the UK, most of whom will be coming from the USA.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As you can see in my post above, my Avis US status was recognized. And it seems to be the case throughout Europe that they like to upgrade us to station wagons. Whether you like it or not. I think that even if you didn't get a wagon, you could try to negotiate it on site. Most people don't want them it seems.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
On return I noticed a very nice VW Cabriolet which would have been perfect to go with the tropical Scottish weather.
Driving an Avis one at the moment, and it's very nice indeed!

They are brand new (I'm the first driver with mine) and part of the Select series.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:16 am

As you can see in my post above, my Avis US status was recognized.
It's recognised cos there's also President Preferred in UK. On the other hand, there's no equivalent of Avis First in UK. My guess is the only way u can get a good chance of a free upgrade is to have President status.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Driving an Avis one at the moment, and it's very nice indeed!
Saw two more parked in the three most prominent Select bays at GLA yesterday, alongside a (edit: corrected) Mercedes-Benz M class. Gimme the Golf CC any day, simple pleasures

Last edited by jamesbrownontheroad; Apr 3, 2012 at 6:12 am
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saw two more parked in the three most prominent Select bays at GLA yesterday, alongside a BMW M class. Gimme the Golf CC any day, simple pleasures
Do you mean BMW 1?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Do you mean BMW 1?
Nope, M class, presumably from the Select fleet. Big hunkachunka ugly SUV if you ask me, but that's usually because I'm liable for my own petrol expenses
Old Apr 3, 2012, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, M class, presumably from the Select fleet. Big hunkachunka ugly SUV if you ask me, but that's usually because I'm liable for my own petrol expenses
I'm a little confused...

There is no BMW M class, there is an M devision (making the M3, M5 etc) and most BMWs can be ordered in an M-Sport spec.

if you're sure it was a BMW SUV then you might be talking about the X5 M-Sport, unless you mean Mercedes M class?

Regardless, either of them would be part of the Avis Prestige fleet, not Select.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.