Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to President's Club

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Question Status benefits only if Avis number in reservation ?

Originally Posted by stimpy
You should definitely call Avis and have them put your PC card on the reservation. If you wait, you will likely not get an upgrade at all. They don't have a large number of cars there so it's best that they know you are coming. You never know for sure what kind of upgrade you will get. I got a Mercedes C220 with my last Group C reservation in France. And the next time I reserved Group E and got a Volvo B60. It really depends on what they have available on the lot. I can tell you that Sunday evenings and Monday mornings yield the best upgrades in Europe. Generally.

I never used my Presidential Plus Card. So, for tomorrow I will have my first reservation (in Asia). I called the station and told them about my number. They agreed that I will get an upgrade - but only if I add my Avis number to the existing reservation.

Is the Avis staff member right when he only wants to give me an upgrade if I add my Avis number to the existing reservation?

The problem is that I made a reservation via the US website and added the AirFrance discount code because I am taking part in the Avis-AirFrance promotion.
Old May 17, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Is the Avis staff member right when he only wants to give me an upgrade if I add my Avis number to the existing reservation?
Yes, your wizard number which indicates your membership in Presidents Club is required.
Old May 18, 2013, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Boah, in this case it means that my membership card is totally useless. Whenever I add my membership number during the reservation process, the rate becomes much higher then when I do a booking on the Avis US website. I also asked the Avis customer service to completely remove all "discount codes" and insurances from my profile. And yet, a booking on the Avis US website without adding my client number is ways cheaper.

And when I do the booking without my customer number and ask the station to add it they either claim that is not possible or on stations where it would have been possible, the rate skyrocks.

I am very frustrated with Avis!
Old May 18, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: Starwood Plat, UA Plat, 2MM, AS MVPG
I agree, the iTunes certs were great.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Whenever I add my membership number during the reservation process, the rate becomes much higher then when I do a booking on the Avis US website.
Book with your wizard number on the AVIS website - and then during the reservation process, enter any discount code you want to reduce your rate.

You can do both. Very easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.