Search

Problems updating credit card details

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Problems updating credit card details

Hi there,

I am Avis Presidents Club and often hire cars from LAX. However, over the last few months I've been noticing that I'm always called into the office rather than have my name on the board. When I was last in the office I queried why my name was never on the board and I was advised that I needed to update my credit card details on my Avis preferred profile, even though the card is still perfectly valid.
Anyway, I've just logged in and attempted to update the details and I keep getting an error message, "Unknown error validating the request. (ES256)" I have tried updating using the app as well, but to no further avail.
I just wondered whether anyone else has had this problem? I have contacted Avis and am waiting on a reply.

Thanks,

HE.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: SAS
Don´t know if you have sorted it out by now , but a couple of years ago, I had a similar problem updating my profile. I don´t recall the exact error message I got but after calling Avis I learned that I had to change my password to a longer and more complicated one. That done , it worked again.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat; Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
If at one point you were on a direct bill set-up with that wizard #, you are blocked from doing changes to the credit card online. There's a special 1-800 number you have to call. I don't have it handy, but can post it here. It's direct to Avis/Budget's credit club desk.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:58 pm

I had that same problem until finally an agent at PDX figured out how to resolve it. I have no idea what she did, but she did mention that sometimes the updates online don't "take."
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Have you tried calling them? You won't be able to do it online if it keeps giving you an error. Call in and do it with an agent. I had to do the same thing last year.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
Don´t know if you have sorted it out by now , but a couple of years ago, I had a similar problem updating my profile. I don´t recall the exact error message I got but after calling Avis I learned that I had to change my password to a longer and more complicated one. That done , it worked again.
I just wanted to mention that this solve it for me. Credit card had expired, but no "Edit" button there. Once I changed the password (through "forgot password") I was then able to edit and update the credit card.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by bworrell
I just wanted to mention that this solve it for me. Credit card had expired, but no "Edit" button there. Once I changed the password (through "forgot password") I was then able to edit and update the credit card.
Great to hear and thanks for letting me know that you could make use of my post here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.