Avianca Lounge in Bogota

Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Avianca Lounge in Bogota

Has anyone been to the Avianca VIP lounge in Bogota? The CO site says that BF customers have access. With no BF flights for CO out of BOG, does Intl Biz get me access? I guess skyteam Elite plus does not matter nor a PC membership, correct?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
I guess no one gets to use it.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
I used the BOG club last month, but was flying DL and given an invitation at check in. They were announcing a CO flight though, to EWR IIRC.

The club isn't particularly nice, but had several computers with complimentary internet access. Not much in good food or beverage offerings, but it was breakfast time.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Good to know, I'll ask at Check-in. I guess wi-fi is too much to ask, huh? Just a quiet place to get out of the airport flow is nice. All I need in the morning is some coffee and something light.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:28 pm

At check-in they should give you a lounge pass if you're flying international business. It is to the right of the place where the army does hand searches of everyone's luggage and hand pat downs (yes, for everyone).

As geoffco says, the food and drink offerings are not that great, and the lounge doesn't have a comfortable feel to it (not sure how to describe it, but it feels like an engineer designed it).
Old Jul 15, 2009, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by CJ1120
At check-in they should give you a lounge pass if you're flying international business. It is to the right of the place where the army does hand searches of everyone's luggage and hand pat downs (yes, for everyone).

As geoffco says, the food and drink offerings are not that great, and the lounge doesn't have a comfortable feel to it (not sure how to describe it, but it feels like an engineer designed it).
I take offense to that , if an engineer designed it, it would have many neat and intricate nooks and crannies that went absolutely nowhere and were added after to fact to "improve" the overall function of the lounge (which was perfectly fine to begin with).

I would tend to agree that Avianca Lounge is nothing special, but it is not horrible either. I had a really good cup of coffee (I know big surprise) there and some sort of croissant that was fairly good for coming from South America.

Dan
Old Jul 15, 2009, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by dan1431
I take offense to that , if an engineer designed it, it would have many neat and intricate nooks and crannies that went absolutely nowhere and were added after to fact to "improve" the overall function of the lounge (which was perfectly fine to begin with).
hahaha well you know I'm an engineer too so you can't be TOO offended!

Speaking of nooks and crannies, the bathrooms there are one of those crannies stuck in sort of like an after thought.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, and some others
I was last there 1 week ago. The lounge is just after immigration and the second security screening. If you are up front on a Continental flight, they should give you a lounge pass when checking in the Continental counters in Bogota. If not, make sure to ask for one because the lounge keepers seem to just care about the pass, not about boarding passes / passports.

The bathrooms are small and right behind the folks who check you in.

In the front part of the lounge are some snacks and drinks - including bottled pop, water, and beer, and self-serve dispensor containing about 4 varieties of hard liquor. They also have some snacks which for the red-eye Houston flight, consisted of several types of small sandwich and some pastries. They were yummy but definitely not a full meal - even if you eat half a dozen of them like I did. There are also an assortment of crackers and cheese.

There is a much larger back room with a TV & some computers with internet access in the back. There were very few people (i.e. only 1-4 people at a time) prior to the red-eye Houston flight but probably it is much busier for the morning Houston & Newark flights.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Comical Exchange

start at the bottom...

Dear Mr. Commodore:

Thank you for contacting the Presidents Club Service Center.

I apologize, you will not have access to the Avianca Lounge if you are not traveling BusinessFirst. Please contact Avianca for further information.

Regards,

Eleanor Williams
Presidents Club Service Center

For Presidents Club information, please visit www.continental.com and click on Presidents Club Lounges from the Products & Services tab at the top of the page. You may contact the Presidents Club Service Center at [email protected] or 800-322-2640 between 8:00am and 5:00pm Central Time Monday-Friday. If you are calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please contact 713-782-0448.

TRACKING NUMBER: A00004965485-00030477730

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 16 Jul 09 11:01:02
To: <[email protected]>
Cc:
Subject: Re: BOG Lounge Access

Once again, there is no F service out of bog. It is international business
------Original Message------
To: NJcommodore
Sent: Jul 16, 2009 11:59 AM

Dear Mr. Commodore:

If he is traveling First Class, he will have access to the Lounge.

Regards,

Eleanor Williams

For Presidents Club information, please visit www.continental.com and click on Presidents Club Lounges from the Products & Services tab at the top of the page. You may contact the Presidents Club Service Center at [email protected] or 800-322-2640 between 8:00am and 5:00pm Central Time Monday-Friday. If you are calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please contact 713-782-0448.

TRACKING NUMBER: A00004965485-00030476770

Sent: 16 Jul 09 10:20:49
Cc:

There is no business first out of bogota.
------Original Message------
To: NJcommodore
Sent: Jul 16, 2009 10:53 AM
Subject: RE: BOG Lounge Access

Dear Mr. commodore:

You will not be allowed in the Lounge unless you are traveling BusinessFirst.

Regards,

Eleanor Williams

TRACKING NUMBER: A00004965485-00030429830

Sent: 14 Jul 09 21:29:04
Cc:
Subject: BOG Lounge Access

Submitted: 7/14/2009 9:28:33 PM
Remote Host: 74.105.40.23
User Agent: Firefox
Signed In: No

Name: Mr. njcommodore
E-mail Address:
OnePass Number:
Category: None
Subject: BOG Lounge Access
Reply: Yes

The CO site says that BF customers have access to the Avianca VIP Lounge at BOG. With no BF flights for CO out of BOG, does Intl Biz get me access? I guess skyteam Elite plus does not matter nor a PC membership, correct?
thank you,
njcommodore
Old Jul 18, 2009, 5:01 pm

Hahahahaha thats awesome.

Anyway I fly down there via CO on International Business all the time, and so unless I'm hallucinating, you will get access. Have fun!
Old Jul 18, 2009, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJ1120
Hahahahaha thats awesome.

Anyway I fly down there via CO on International Business all the time, and so unless I'm hallucinating, you will get access. Have fun!
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Thought that someone from the PC side of co.com would be somewhat knowledgeable. Did they not read their own replies or look at the service offered by CO?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
update?

Now that Avianca is in Star Alliance, shouldn't they allow Star Gold access even when flying in economy? The Star Alliance website says no but I can't understand why it wouldn't be yes.

Anyone been given access when travelling intl Y on a *A carrier?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Agree that you will get access. I flew business out of BOG last month and the UA agent gave me a pass to the lounge. It was as RustingInSeattle described.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
You will get access.

I flew MDE-BOG-IAH 2 weeks ago in economy (L). I was given access without any hesitation with my MP card (*G, of course) during my 3 hour layover in BOG, and I confirmed with the staff that I was allowed to bring a guest as well.

I had a flew flights within Colombia in the previous weeks on Avianca (all economy class), and I received access to the club in Baranquilla with my MP card as well. As far as I can see, you get all of the *G privileges.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Will be flying AV first time this Dec to Ecuador in biz using UA miles. Are we allowed to access bog club on award tix? Also does UA allow access on award seats? We have very long layover in IAD bw sea and bog (will be in UA first when we arrive then departing AV in biz). Many thx as its been years since I've flown UA and never internationally.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.