Wiki Posts
Search

Question on Security

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bear Backers
Question on Security

I am flying Business from San francisco, California to Santiago, Chile. There are three flights. The first stop is in San Salvador then to Bogota before getting to Santiago.

I am thinking about checking three suitcases and doing on carry on in case they lose my luggage as we are going on a cruise.

Will I have to go through security again at any of these stops?

Do you suggest I not do the carry on?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Can I print all three boarding passes?

Before starting the trip?sfo-san salvador- santiago?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Yellow fever shot

Originally Posted by oskidunker
Before starting the trip?sfo-san salvador- santiago?
do we need a yellow fever shot for this trip?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
do we need a yellow fever shot for this trip?
You can check it here:

https://www.klm.com/travel/kz_en/pre...c/visaform.htm
Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Post one: In SAL you go from the plane to the next plane. There is only "security" when you go to the USA which is where they check your luggage for liquids as you enter the boarding area. SAL going to BOG , nothing. In BOG, never been but it would not surprise me due to anti-drug efforts at the least.

Post two: If all flights are the same day in SFO TACA or Avianca etc., will print all the passes at once. They did for me for years on one stop flights, no reason two stops would be any different.

Why would anyone suggest no carry-on? Cameras, medicines, emergency clothes you would be insane to leave at the hands of baggage handlers in all 4 countries. You will end up with a bag with clothes and a rock inside.

Post three: Yellow fever for Colombia or Chile, nope, unless you are coming from a YF country. And you are not. El Salvador is not a YF country and your stopover in BOG is zero risk.

You know you can do research yourself with Google and the CDC vs. waiting for what might be wrong advice on forums:

Here is from the CDC: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbo...bia#seldyfm707

Yellow Fever

Requirements: None
Recommendations:
Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age except as mentioned below.
Generally not recommended for travelers to the cities of Barranquilla, Cali, Cartagena, and Medellín (see Map 3-24).
Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to all areas >2,300 m in elevation,2 the department of San Andrčs y Providencia, and the capital city of Bogotá.

Last edited by ricktoronto; Nov 6, 2015 at 8:55 pm
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:55 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Answer To Question #2

I am flying Business from San francisco, California to Santiago, Chile. There are three flights. The first stop is in San Salvador then to Bogota before getting to Santiago.

Will I have to go through security again at any of these stops?
San Salvador you deplane & simply walk to the next gate (super-easy).
In Bogota* you will go thru a security check, but not customs/immigration. Really pretty easy.

*FYI, BOG airport is under major construction. You'll have the pleasure most likely of deplaning & then riding the bus to the terminal. Having connected thru BOG many times & only ONCE did we get to walk^ to plane via a jet bridge.

^And the funny part is that it was the new direct flight from BOG>LAX on AV with NO additional security checks/procedures like they do in SAL!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.